Applity to open apps

snazy2000

snazy2000

Hey Guys

I was wondering if this would be possible to allow Media Browser Theater to open other apps for example

Steam Big Picture

Windows 8 apps such as Netflix, 40d, Channel 5

*Ability to open apps

Edited by snazy2000

Yea, I've already got two launchers built - WMC and Kylo.

WIth any luck, Rainking720 will help us add a custom launcher, so please send him some words of encouragement.

snazy2000

Sounds great Luke! I love the whole project cant wait for Theater to be out for beta! I've loaded it up from Git hub and looks epic! 

I hope that Rainking720 helps to get that done because it will arrive so much quicker! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to mention this as well, it would open the door to a realm of possibilities, I for instance would like to be able to launch a web browser (chrome for me) from media browser theater on my htpc, i assume many of us like our htpc's because we can also browse the web on our tv's. Minimizing media browser theater and going through windows desktop to launch it is not an ideal presentation.

I sent along encouragement to rainking720 anyway.

snazy2000

Ive been working on creating apps for Theater (which are published on the theaters plugin page)

I have created plugins to allow the use of 

Netflix (Metro App)

Demand 5 (Metro App)

4oD (Metro App)

TVcatchup (Metro App)

Steam Big Picture

The metro apps are very basic so they don't allow very good remote control interaction which i cannot help untill the creators of the apps allow remote support. All you need is a keyboard and mouse to use them :)

Luke has already created a Web browser app (Kylo) which work every well. 

Those will only work on 8.x, right?

Those that are metro app might should be labeled as Windows 8. Just so there is no confusion about them when someone with a Win7 HTPC tries to install them and they do nothing.

Ive been working on creating apps for Theater (which are published on the theaters plugin page)

I have created plugins to allow the use of 

Netflix (Metro App)

Demand 5 (Metro App)

4oD (Metro App)

TVcatchup (Metro App)

Steam Big Picture

The metro apps are very basic so they don't allow very good remote control interaction which i cannot help untill the creators of the apps allow remote support. All you need is a keyboard and mouse to use them :)

Luke has already created a Web browser app (Kylo) which work every well. 

I guess I will try kylo but  I would prefer to be able to use my own browser.

Currently with xbmc I use a program called advanced launcher and added it to my main menu in my skin, and then when you click on it, it simply launches chrome over top xbmc. I love it then i use this to navigate.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Keyboard-Built-In-Multi-Touch/dp/B005DKZTMG

I was hoping something similar would be able to be done in media browser theater, all it would require would be ability to launch the browser from the mbt interface. I use some really good addons from chrome that i assume wont work in kylo in my web browsing.

I did a quick search I guess you can install adblock plus at least, but it looks like a difficult process in kylo. 

Edited by Ghostm

• 3 weeks later...
hedgehogg

so do i have it right kylo integration will not work with win 7 - could answer the question as i get cannot find specified file when i try launching it :(

snazy2000

Kylo is not a windows 8 app you need to download it before it can find the program. http://kylo.tv if you install with option Current User it will work I have applied a patch for that but not sure if @Luke has released it yet

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

coolspot

Ive installed Media Browser Theater and two plugins, the WMC integration plugin and the Netflix plugin, but I'm not seeing how to use them.  Are they supposed to show up in the Apps area of MBT?  If so, they're not =P

I'm using Windows 8.1 with 3.0.5076.21106 of MBT.

• 3 years later...
dosullivan84

Hey Guys

I was wondering if this would be possible to allow Media Browser Theater to open other apps for example

Steam Big Picture

Windows 8 apps such as Netflix, 40d, Channel 5

*Ability to open apps

This is a long shot I no but is there anychance these will still work for Emby theatre? I really want to move over to ET fulltime but atm theres not enough, plugins wise, I want to launch steam big picture and I need the catchup apps like 4od and iplayer, so if theres any chance these will work, please show me how.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

PrincessClevage

Those that are metro app might should be labeled as Windows 8. Just so there is no confusion about them when someone with a Win7 HTPC tries to install them and they do nothing.

can "Key board only" be added to the description as some of us on use tv remote on our main living room systems