Windows 10 - Store and Desktop

Brian79

Brian79

Hi I am fairly new to Emby, last time I asked about the Store app which is now updated and its great.  That time I was able to play something short from the Desktop.  Last week I finally pulled the trigger and paid for Premier.  So anyways I have been watching shows via the Store App and the Samsung TV app.  However I'd like to see if I can use the Desktop.  Hope someone can help...

Issues...

The Store App - 1.1.348.0

1) I cant add a Cinema Intro if I go in there is some overlap on the GUI and when it disappears I can't scroll down and save it.

Desktop App - 3.0.15

1) I can't run anything, it shows up about an Electron and when I check the Task Manager there are 4 Electron Processes running.

When I check on the Electron it asks me to... run the Electron.exe

To run a local app, execute the following on the command line:

C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\x64\electron\electron.exe path-to-app

But then after it asks me to...

To run a local app, execute the following on the command line:

$ electron.exe path-to-app

I can't really code but have a very basic understanding.

Hope someone can help...

Thanks!

Edited by Brian79

Happy2Play
41 minutes ago, Brian79 said:

Desktop App - 3.0.15

1) I can't run anything, it shows up about an Electron and when I check the Task Manager there are 4 Electron Processes running.

When I check on the Electron it asks me to... run the Electron.exe

And when you scroll down down to Background processes you don't see Emby.Theater?

Why are you clicking on Electron?

There should be a short cut for ET but here is the path.

C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\Emby.Theater.exe

47 minutes ago, Brian79 said:

The Store App - 1.1.348.0

1) I cant add a Cinema Intro if I go in there is some overlap on the GUI and when it disappears I can't scroll down and save it.

@Luke this is reproducible

overlap.thumb.jpg.096677d7933a558db99d87930a19999e.jpg

Brian79
13 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

And when you scroll down down to Background processes you don't see Emby.Theater?

Why are you clicking on Electron?

There should be a short cut for ET but here is the path.

C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\Emby.Theater.exe

@Luke this is reproducible

I actually see Emby.Theater (32bit)

I just noticed its 32bit, but I got it from https://emby.media/emby-theater.html

Should I get the 64bit?

I clicked Electron since, the "Emby Theater" tab isn't opening really opening so I right click it then it shows me Electron.  I also have the ET shortcut and when I click it, I get the ET tab and then it doesn't open, not even a black screen.   I don't have a second monitor.  I have also tried this with another compute my HTPC and my laptop, same results, I have uninstalled and reinstalled.

Also another note for the Windows App that happens with the overlapping GUI is the DLNA section too.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Brian79 said:

Also another note for the Windows App that happens with the overlapping GUI is the DLNA section too.

Actually there is a issue with All plugin configs causing overlap, in Store app.

1 minute ago, Brian79 said:

I actually see Emby.Theater (32bit)

I just noticed its 32bit, but I got it from https://emby.media/emby-theater.html

Should I get the 64bit?

I clicked Electron since, the "Emby Theater" tab isn't opening really opening so I right click it then it shows me Electron.  I also have the ET shortcut and when I click it, I get the ET tab and then it doesn't open, not even a black screen.   I don't have a second monitor.  I have also tried this with another compute my HTPC and my laptop, same results, I have uninstalled and reinstalled.

Yes dev will have to comment on the 32bit, but yes that is what I see also.

So ET is running but you are not seeing anything?

Brian79
3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Actually there is a issue with All plugin configs causing overlap, in Store app.

Yes dev will have to comment on the 32bit, but yes that is what I see also.

So ET is running but you are not seeing anything?

Alright, good to know...

Yes..

So I just noticed it now... When I click ET in the tab, there is an "invisible ET window" appearing.  I noticed it when I click on the app and its "open" I can't click icons on my desktop.

image.thumb.png.00782cb61d143c8daf1910860c5fba1c.png

Happy2Play
6 minutes ago, Brian79 said:

Alright, good to know...

Yes..

So I just noticed it now... When I click ET in the tab, there is an "invisible ET window" appearing.  I noticed it when I click on the app and its "open" I can't click icons on my desktop.

image.thumb.png.00782cb61d143c8daf1910860c5fba1c.png

So it is not crashing or techically opening.  Does Alt-Tab allow you get to it?

Brian79
8 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

So it is not crashing or techically opening.  Does Alt-Tab allow you get to it?

Technically yes, I can do Alt-Tab but same thing doesn't show anything...

image.thumb.png.48e69a7c8074bf86e003a43649b419a6.png

Did you apply any compatibility settings during installation or at any point? Or deny any permissions?

I think the only other thing I can think of is another application or service running is causing an incompatibility with the program.

Edited by Guest

You may also want to restart the computer if you haven't already as there could have been a process running that hadn't shutdown properly when messing with electron.

Brian79
12 hours ago, Hxemby001 said:

Did you apply any compatibility settings during installation or at any point? Or deny any permissions?

I think the only other thing I can think of is another application or service running is causing an incompatibility with the program.

No, not that I recall, not sure if it makes a difference but I have both the Windows app and the Desktop Theater...

Also tried a "new" and fresh install laptop.

9 hours ago, cayars said:

You may also want to restart the computer if you haven't already as there could have been a process running that hadn't shutdown properly when messing with electron.

I have actually shutdown and restarted multiple times, uninstall and reinstalled multiple times too. 

• Like 1

If you fresh installed.. The only thing interfering with it is more than likely a startup program of some sort.. Not for sure if you have done any optimizing/testing in the past.. but I would start looking there.. Probably looking at Synaptics Touch pad.. being the first startup program I would look at.. Programs that really do not need to be running in the tray.

Happy2Play

@Luke The Store App - 1.1.349.0 still has the plugin config overlap issue.  All plugins that are configurable.

overlap.jpg