Emby Theater how to select default server

F688

Is there a way for Emby Theater Desktop Windows 10 to remember last server logged in. I have two servers set up on local network (different computers). Every time I start Emby Theater it opens to the other server that I don't want to access. When I go to select server it only shows one server. I don't see a way to save settings on server choice and when I delete the other server it still shows up on next login attempt.

Hi, servers on the local network are automatically discovered and will always come back after deleting them.

Did you try doing a manual connection to the one that is not automatically showing up?

Yes, it does connect manually but Emby Theater will forget it when I log out and restart.

Thanks

Edited by F688

lorac

On Android when you sign out it will always show the other server, iOS shows both but Windows forces you to manually type the host name.

All three of them should be remembering all servers. That's what I see in my testing.

I only see one of my servers (PC2). The other one (PC1) which is on the same PC as Theater does not show up for some reason. I can select add server (PC1) and enter the IP address and it launches. But next time I start Theater the one I entered the IP for (PC1) does not show up and Theater default launches the other server (PC2). Server 4.6.0.40

Edited by F688

I installed Theater on the other server (PC2) and the same thing happen (but in reverse). Theater does not show the local server (PC2) but it does see the server on the other server (PC1). Server 4.6.0.40

Edited by F688

lorac

I only see the server from the other PC. Sometimes if I close ET and relaunch it will open the correct server without needing to select it.

On 4/24/2021 at 11:39 PM, F688 said:

I installed Theater on the other server (PC2) and the same thing happen (but in reverse). Theater does not show the local server (PC2) but it does see the server on the other server (PC1). Server 4.6.0.40

But these of these machines are running Emby Server as well?
If so try Theater from a computer NOT running Emby Server and tell us if both servers show up.

I would like to know the answer to this before we setup a remote session if possible.
Thanks

Thanks and my apologies. I resolved the issue by completely uninstalling the server. Doing a fresh install and restoring from the latest backup without system configuration checked.

Edited by F688