[Emby Theater Desktop] Some UI styling issues (and Navigation)

Trunk
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Trunk

Hi,

The last days I have noticed issues in the UI and navigation. There was an update of Electron a week back that may be the issue.

What I observe:

• Navigation between tiles on on different pages do not align (jumpy navigation to items off screen).
  • Tiles on some of the screens do not zoom as an overlay on bordering tiles when selected. They are zoomed but within their area. This happens for some and not alle tiles.
  • When selecting a episode and go to the detail screen for the episode the horizontal "other episodes" usually scroll to the last episode in the season.
  • When I select "go back" on the first page and get the option for exit, sleep and so on the screen dims and the selectable options are also dark so it's almost impossible to see what i select.

Difficult to explain all this. :)

I have deleted the "electron" folder in Roaming to trigger the re-download of the Electron in Emby Theater but the same issues are there.

This is the Desktop version of ET and I have not tried the Store version. And Emby Server version is 4.5.4.0.

-T.

Edited by Trunk

Hi there, for the first two, can you please go over a specific example? I'm not quite sure what you mean there. Thanks.

Getumzz
17 hours ago, Trunk said:
  • Tiles on some of the screens do not zoom as an overlay on bordering tiles when selected. They are zoomed but within their area. This happens for some and not alle tiles.

I have the same issue.

Non-selected tile vs a highlighted tile. In this case "Shows".
image.thumb.png.a17a8706ed4ca06b56814a5157c11fc0.pngimage.thumb.png.a678796904a7540d607f31eb99f2beac.png

• Agree 1

Getumzz

It's an issue as well when you open "next up" in TV shows.
You have the "More from Season XX" and you see the last episode image lign up correct but now it's pushed to the left and off screen.
image.thumb.png.57280a45dafd3d84f7a3c7a6d18bb239.png

• Agree 1

Trunk

@MrDonYou beat me to posting screenshots. Thanks for posting. :) You have the exact same issue as I have.

I also tested on a different computer now (ET was installed about 3 months ago). First time I launched ET (Desktop) everything looked ok. Then after a restart of ET (it took 10 seconds to launch so there was some update happening) and I have the same issue.

• Agree 1

• Solution

I'm pushing an update to resolve these. Thanks for reporting. 

• Like 3