Sony X90J - Bravia 4K

centuryx476
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

centuryx476

Hello,

Finally purchased a 4K TV. I also just bought the lifetime license for emby (So I am all in on emby).
I am having an issue playing back some movies. Some movies work while others do not.
All my movies are ripped to .mp4, h.264 with aac as audio.

I can attach the server log but their is a lot of info on that log about my internal network that I do not want out on a public forum.

What can I do to pass the log more securely ?

Edit: I also sent a report_Log to the developer via the app.

Edited by centuryx476

54 minutes ago, centuryx476 said:

I also sent a report_Log to the developer via the app.

Hi.  Can you please provide the information requested in those instructions?  Thanks.

centuryx476
4 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Can you please provide the information requested in those instructions?  Thanks.

Well, There is no information being requested. It just says the logs are sent to an emby LLC private website. And if I do not agree to these terms then I do not have to send the logs.
I went ahead and sent the logs

Hi.  I meant the instructions that told you how to get to that option in the first place.  Here:

Reproduce your problem and then use this button to send the log.  Then add the following information to your report in the forum:

• Exactly what you were doing and what happened.  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem
  • The time you sent the log (in Eastern Time please - UTC -5)
  • The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time

Thanks.

centuryx476
  • Simply trying to play a movie in the emby app. (Star Trek : First Contact)
  • Time Sent: 2:07 PM EST
  • UserName: SNoorizadeh_Temp

• Solution

It is a problem of some sort with the audio track.  Can  you try the beta of the app?

centuryx476
1 minute ago, ebr said:

It is a problem of some sort with the audio track.  Can  you try the beta of the app?

OK, I just signed up for the beta. I will wait for the update to arrive.
If I may ask you.
How can it be an audio issue ? If the codec is aac and other movies I have are also aac and they play normally.

centuryx476

Updated to the beta.

The movie(s) can now be played back in the beta version of the app.

Can I stay on the beta channel ?

rbjtech

Yes this is fine - just be wary that sometimes Beta's do have unforeseen issues.

So if you want a 100% stable system, then once your audio/aac fix has been promoted to Release (being AndroidTV - this won't be long) - then I would go back to that cycle.

re why it was an issue - there are many aspects of aac that the Release/Sony Android combination may not like - number of channels, aac bitrate etc.

In 1.8.6.0 for example -  "Include multi-channel AAC in the convert to Dolby option"

Release notes here - Android TV BETA Release Notes

Edited by rbjtech

centuryx476
10 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Yes this is fine - just be wary that sometimes Beta's do have unforeseen issues.

So if you want a 100% stable system, then once your audio/aac fix has been promoted to Release (being AndroidTV - this won't be long) - then I would go back to that cycle.

re why it was an issue - there are many aspects of aac that the Release/Sony Android combination may not like - number of channels, aac bitrate etc.

In 1.8.6.0 for example -  "Include multi-channel AAC in the convert to Dolby option"

Release notes here - Android TV BETA Release Notes

OK, I understand.

Thank you for explaining on why it could be glitching on me.
I will stay on the beta till it gets fully promoted.

Thank You

• 4 weeks later...
centuryx476

Hello,

It just happened again.

Some files play while others do not.

I thought I can leave the beta program and try the public one to see if that resolves it. But the BETA version is the only one that shows up on the TV now. Mind you I went to the link and left the beta tester program.

Update: I was able to download the public one. It is working again

Edited by centuryx476