Giving up too many errors on Android TV App on Shield - Using Emby Server 12.2-RELEASE-p6

Phani1Kumar
Go to solution Solved by Phani1Kumar,

Phani1Kumar

Hi

Firstly, thank you for such a great application and the support you guyz have been giving at the user community. I am new to the Emby family, I've setup my Emby server 12.2-RELEASE-p6 on my
TrueNAS-12.0-U3. 

I've created a Home Video and Photos Album, and scanned all the files. After that I was able to view the photos and videos from my android mobile (OnePlus 8). But when trying to see the same videos from my Samsung Smart TV, I am continuously getting "Giving up too many errors". I was able to play videos before using a previous version of Emby server, don't remember the version now, because I just updated to this version. 

The Error in the debug logs indicate that the file was not available. I've went onto the emby shell and checked for the files, they are there. Not sure what is going wrong. I tried with two different file types of videos MTS and MOV, both are not working. I am attaching the log files and the screen shot of the shell showing the files exists here.

I've also purchased the Rs 320/- unlock for the player on the android TV. Shell_Listing_Of_Directory.thumb.png.6238c7d116f29ab83d4b046402e581dd.png 

Emby_TV_Playback_Error.zip

Phani1Kumar

Thank you very much for your prompt response.

I just used the official plugin install from TrueNAS and after that clicked on Update in the Jail. Is there any way I can install ffmpeg now?

Edited by Phani1Kumar

MRobi
1 hour ago, Phani1Kumar said:

Thank you very much for your prompt response.

I just used the official plugin install from TrueNAS and after that clicked on Update in the Jail. Is there any way I can install ffmpeg now?

There is no "official" plugin install for TrueNAS, only a community version which is not maintained by TrueNAS or Emby. That version right now is currently broken. Emby uses a custom version of ffmpeg and this plugin points to a location for the standard version which shouldn't be installed. You can get around this easily by running a pkg install ffmpeg command from the jail shell, but you'll still have issues with certain file types doing it this way.

The best way to install right now is to use the json found here

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/iocage-amd64/tree/truenas12

• Solution
Phani1Kumar

I've installed ffmpeg on the emby shell prompt, and refreshed metadata. Now all the videos are playing fine in laptop, mobile, and TV. Thank you all for your support. 

I've checked the version of linux installed for the emby server. It is FreeBSD 12.2. Subsequently installed the ffmpeg using command 

pkg install -y ffmpeg

Edited by Phani1Kumar

MRobi
1 hour ago, Phani1Kumar said:

I've installed ffmpeg on the emby shell prompt, and refreshed metadata. Now all the videos are playing fine in laptop, mobile, and TV. Thank you all for your support. 

I've checked the version of linux installed for the emby server. It is FreeBSD 12.2. Subsequently installed the ffmpeg using command 

pkg install -y ffmpeg

just be mindful that with the stock version of ffmpeg you will run into occasional errors with certain files. It's not the end of the world, and I found it to be rare, but it's still something you'll run into every so often.