Option to Embed [Album Art] Image in Download To Function when using Original profile (consistent with mobile profile)

ginjaninja

ginjaninja
C:\Users\Nicholas Bird\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\ffmpeg.exe -loglevel +timing -y -print_graphs_file "C:\Users\Nicholas Bird\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\logs\ffmpeg-transcode-0db3ef73-41bb-4569-b369-50455a2da336_1graph.txt" -f flac -i "A:\Music\London Grammar\[2013] If You Wait\D2_03. Help Me Lose My Mind.flac" -i "A:\Music\London Grammar\[2013] If You Wait\folder.jpg" -map 0:0 -map 1:0 -sn -c:v:0 copy -metadata:s:v:0 title="Album cover" -metadata:s:v:0 comment="Cover(Front)" -c:a:0 copy -ab:a:0 200000 -ar:a:0 44100 "C:\Users\Nicholas Bird\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\sync\15\14439\0db3ef73-41bb-4569-b369-50455a2da336.mp3"

When using the mobile profile, Emby already very helpfully embeds the album art in the music file.

Could the original profile also embed the album art?

reason: the resultant repository (usb stick) can stay at maximum quality/transfer speed, but the target device can show album art.

Edited by ginjaninja

ginjaninja
9 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, original forces a download of the original file.

ok if an option "embed album art on music" on original is a no go/not simpler.

i request a new profile, original+image

I would just set the audio download quality setting to the highest available and I think that should do it.

ginjaninja
On 23/04/2021 at 04:53, Luke said:

I would just set the audio download quality setting to the highest available and I think that should do it.

if i set the profile to original, flacs dont have album art embedded

if i set the profile to mobile - original quality, flacs get converted to mp3 320Kbit with album art embedded.

would be great to keep my flacs as flacs AND have albumart embedded.

ginjaninja
On 23/04/2021 at 04:53, Luke said:

but any content which doesnt need transcoding ...wont get artwork....so artwork embedding is not consistent... (or rather its peculiarly tied to transcoding).

it would be more consistent to embed artwork on all tracks or no tracks imo...i request an option or behaviour for all tracks.