Gamebrowser III setup

muppets4
Go to solution Solved by c0m3r,

muppets4

I am using Mediabrowser for some time now and when I wanted to add emulators to my HTPC, the logical response was to install Gamebrowser. The first emulator I try to setup locks my system, so I must be doing something wrong. I hope that someone can help me with it.

I am trying to get PCSX2 to work. I have first taken care that PCSX2 works out of Mediabrowser. And it does. 

Then I installed the plugin on the server and on the client (actually 2 seperate systems) and added the directory containing the ps2 files to my media library, as games. When I start Gamebrowser, the 3 games I have (each in its own folder) are presented (no information is shown) and when I press play MCE locks up. It looks like it tries to play it like a movie, cause minutes are also presented.

EDIT: information about games is found now. But still cannot play them. "cannot acces media. Will attempt to stream......"

EDIT 2: Oke. I had to enter the network path on the server. Now it wants to start the ISO file, but uses Daemon for it. PCSX2 has its own ISO mounter, so nothing happens after opening deamon, Anyone knows how to disable that?

Edited by muppets4

BATTLE DONKEY

Did u also go into the MB configurator and set up the emulator? I ask because u didn't mention that step and it sounds like MB is attempting to play it as a video file because it doesn't know to associate the ROMs with which emulator

muppets4

Did u also go into the MB configurator and set up the emulator? I ask because u didn't mention that step and it sounds like MB is attempting to play it as a video file because it doesn't know to associate the ROMs with which emulator

I did. And I pointed it to the pcsx2.exe file and used the arguments found somewhere on this forum, instead of the {roms} option.

Not used classic in a while but there used to be an option to mount iso's. If your emulator has its own mounter you need to make sure this option isnt selected. It used to be in the classic configurator where you set up your emulators. Also, what are the exact arguments you used?

muppets4

Not used classic in a while but there used to be an option to mount iso's. If your emulator has its own mounter you need to make sure this option isnt selected. It used to be in the classic configurator where you set up your emulators. Also, what are the exact arguments you used?

I need that for the other ISO's, DVD's for example and other emulators wich do not have an ISO mounter. But just to be sure, I disabled the link to Daemon tools. No difference.

I have the screens of my setup. I started Ty here, but the same happens as I start the two GT games.

53f34f9994eee_Configuregamebrowserclassi

53f34fb24c620_medialibrary.jpg

53f34fc9e4f5b_server1.jpg53f34fd85cff5_server2.jpg53f34fec3e6bd_ty1.jpg53f34ff5b4439_ty2.jpg

Edited by muppets4

Is that the pearl theme your using? Just wondering whether that could be your issue as it hasnt been updated in a long time. Try using chocolate and see if it works then.

In your pics above the directory for the platform configuration has two '\\'. Is that intentional??

Edited by c0m3r

muppets4

Yes, the roms are on the server and the clients connect to that. Is there an other way?

muppets4

In your pics above the directory for the platform configuration has two '\\'. Is that intentional??

You are a genius! I've overlooked that typo. Must have been staring at that screen multiple times.... Great. Reverting back to chocolate too. Pearl has no love for the games.

• Like 1

Usually is something simple. The amount of times ive spent hours looking at the server config to miss something like this!  :lol:

• Like 1