Separate Out RTM and Library Scans for Live TV

Spaceboy

Spaceboy

Real Time Monitoring and Library Scans for Recorded TV libraries need separating out from the general file monitoring activity.

on many occasions i have experienced where it is not possible to watch a recorded tv program, either in progress or finished, because the library scan/RTM is running on another library.

If live tv is to be a selling point for emby, which it should be with the next gen improvements on the way, then you can't be sitting there waiting for a library scan to finish before you can actually watch something that emby has successfully recorded

• Like 4

On 4/19/2021 at 5:45 AM, Spaceboy said:

Real Time Monitoring and Library Scans for Recorded TV libraries need separating out from the general file monitoring activity.

on many occasions i have experienced where it is not possible to watch a recorded tv program, either in progress or finished, because the library scan/RTM is running on another library.

If live tv is to be a selling point for emby, which it should be with the next gen improvements on the way, then you can't be sitting there waiting for a library scan to finish before you can actually watch something that emby has successfully recorded

I've not had this problem.  Could it be IO related Spaceboy?

• Confused 1

Spaceboy
39 minutes ago, cayars said:

I've not had this problem.  Could it be IO related Spaceboy?

what on earth would make you say that?

its very simple, if a library scan is running then RTM cannot detect a recently started recording

Never mind, I misunderstand what you were saying.

Yes Emby knows it started a recording so it shouldn't need to scan in order to create the DB entry.

• Like 1