Formuler GTV only 1080P playback

denkan91

denkan91

Hello!

So I got myself a Formuler GTV just a couple o days ago.

Everything works fine, except I only get 1080P with HDR when I play a 4K HDR-video.

I first thougt it could be HDMI-cable, so I took the one from my nvidia shield pro, but that did not resolve the issue. So I needed to know If it was emby or the device itself, so I tried Youtube, and it played 4K-HDR without any problem.

I also installed plex-server to test the same content as within Emby, and plex also played 4K-HDR without any issues.

As I'm switching my primary client from Nvidia shield pro to the Formuler, I need this resolved.

When playing the video, all the alternatives listen in playback are 1080P.

FYI: Tested the Nokia Streaming box 8000, and had same result.

Best regards Robin

19 hours ago, denkan91 said:

I only get 1080P with HDR when I play a 4K HDR-video

What does that actually mean?  Can we please look at an example?

That is direct playing and in 4K.  It is just the display mode reported by the Android system is that of the UI not the video player.

skooogis

Hm ok, it doesnt look the same as on the nvidia shield pro, and there I can also choose to play the 4K in different frame rate - as picture above but with 4K replacing 1080..

But that doesnt matter IF it actually plays in 4K, the thing is just that the picture doesnt have that same feeling as on the nvidia shield at all..

skooogis

Both the Nvidia Shield Pro and Formuler GTV is running 1080P in Android-system.. Logically it would then display the same in playback, but it doesnt. And I as I said, the picture isnt the same at all.

20210418_185930.jpg

They both use 1080 for the UI but can display 4K media.

The boxes report back info differently and Emby just reports back what the device give it.

I would imagine the picture quality being better on the Shield TV as it's a better box. :) (ducks out of site after saying that).

As shown in your screen shot, the item is direct playing.  That means we are sending the full 4K stream to the device.  Now, what the device does with that could very well be different.  The lack of 4K options in your menu on that box means that the Android system is not reporting any available 4K resolutions.  I would double-check any display settings on the box itself.

skooogis
14 hours ago, ebr said:

As shown in your screen shot, the item is direct playing.  That means we are sending the full 4K stream to the device.  Now, what the device does with that could very well be different.  The lack of 4K options in your menu on that box means that the Android system is not reporting any available 4K resolutions.  I would double-check any display settings on the box itself.

In Android-settings the Display-options is set to "4k2k" as they write it, its the highest available. I think this is a mess, since it's actually set to 4K, but then the player say that system reporting 1080 - which is actually set to 4K...All I got to say about this is: Dafuq

The next version of the app is just not going to display the reported video resolution on anything except the Shield because it is usually incorrect on all other devices.