Unable to update photo in Emby

zBernie

zBernie

I have a photo in Emby 4.5.4 which I've deleted several times, copied to the Emby directory several times, changed the metadata, yet still, scanned library files numerous times, yet it shows an old version of the photo.  I changed he metadata field "Title" to "AAAAAAA".  This shows up in Emby, but it is still showing an old version of the photo. 

What can I do to get Emby to recognize the new version of the file?

-Thanks

zBernie
12 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, can you please go over an example? Thanks.

I copied a file named tourquise.jpg photo to a folder monitored by Emby.   Then I made changes to tourquise.jpg using Affinity Photo, and then copied the file to the same folder.  Then scanned library files for that folder.  But the old version of the file is always shown, not the new tourquise.jpg file.  I've deleted the file, rescanned, but Emby always shows the original file, not the new one.

After you do the first drop and replace have you tried a refresh metadata replacing images?

Edited by Guest

12 minutes ago, Hxemby001 said:

After you do the first drop and replace have you tried a refresh metadata replacing images?

Well you shouldn't have to do that. A normal library scan is enough, provided the date modified timestamp of the file changes.

zBernie
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Well you shouldn't have to do that. A normal library scan is enough, provided the date modified timestamp of the file changes.

Evidently Emby is loading a cached version of turquoise.jpg.  The timestamp, metadata, and file contents are changed, yet the old version of the photo keeps loading.  Even after I used Emby to delete the photo, rescanned the folder, copied new turquoise.jpg, rescanned, and still the old photo is displayed.

-Thanks