how to enable theme background video?

acer1204

acer1204

i find some talk about how to enable theme background video.

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159179

i don't have install any plugins, i just enable display->enable theme video.

this is my video folder structure. my folder is movie type.

/anime
   /helloworld
      smile.mp4
      /backdrops
          video1.mkv

when i use chrome to browse "helloworld" folder, the background not show video1.mkv.

How to configure it correctly?

Edited by acer1204

acer1204
On 4/16/2021 at 1:39 AM, Hxemby001 said:

Have you rescanned the directory since the addition?.. 

yes, i have rescanned and restart emby server.

but it not show the video.

Is the theme video has some limit?

my theme video is 1920*1080 hevc/mkv and time length is 90s.

Edited by acer1204

No even the first Menu MKV I checked out for this was in HEVC..

Double check your Display settings as well Enable Backdrops and Enable Theme Videos as well.

Is it showing the backdrop image instead or just nothing?

.. Try Refresh on metadata and see if it picks it up since t is a backdrop video and backdrops are part of the metadata.. Be sure to refresh the page after you see it compete for the video.

acer1204
50 minutes ago, Hxemby001 said:

No even the first Menu MKV I checked out for this was in HEVC..

Double check your Display settings as well Enable Backdrops and Enable Theme Videos as well.

Is it showing the backdrop image instead or just nothing?

.. Try Refresh on metadata and see if it picks it up since t is a backdrop video and backdrops are part of the metadata.. Be sure to refresh the page after you see it compete for the video.

i test it by upgrade emby version to 4.6.0.37. it work.

but it still has some problem.

if i use this path structure, it can work.

/anime
   /helloworld
      smile.mp4    ----> (under the "helloworld" has one video. it work.)
      /backdrops
          video1.mp4

if theme video in background play finsh, it can not repeat.

but if the "helloworld" folder has two or more video like this path structure. it will not show the theme video in background.

/anime    
    /helloworld      
        smile (1920).mp4      
        smile (1921).mp4
        /backdrops          
             video1.mp4

it the theme video background limit or a bug?

Edited by acer1204

I think this is a bug..

If I remember right it happens when you trigger versioning.. of the main video files.. I had this problem in 4.5.4.0 however ( stable release ). When I was playing with this I was attempting.. versioning with extras and I tried to use a DVD menu video background from the DVD.. for Rise of the Legend

I remember playing around with the folder structure and names of the files but all I could do was to get the trailers and extras to work with versioning.. The two movie versions and extras showed up in the version drop down, the trailer was replaced with the one I put in the folder...but the theme video background would not work...

Try the different structure and names as noted at the link above you posted.. You still have to scan/refresh, and refresh the browser page..

But yes this should be reported as a bug ( or an Either/OR type situation, not for sure ).. I should have posted myself, but I got frustrated and forgot.. plus I was weighing out doing this for all of my movies.. ( even tried animated GIF files as well )... Which some of what I found was supported but the documentation does not mention it that way, for the specific situation. I figured you would see information for it, if you threw on 'the works' for something special.

Might wait until tomorrow and see if Luke or one of the others have any ideas.

acer1204
27 minutes ago, Hxemby001 said:

I think this is a bug..

If I remember right it happens when you trigger versioning.. of the main video files.. I had this problem in 4.5.4.0 however ( stable release ). When I was playing with this I was attempting.. versioning with extras and I tried to use a DVD menu video background from the DVD.. for Rise of the Legend

I remember playing around with the folder structure and names of the files but all I could do was to get the trailers and extras to work with versioning.. The two movie versions and extras showed up in the version drop down, the trailer was replaced with the one I put in the folder...but the theme video background would not work...

Try the different structure and names as noted at the link above you posted.. You still have to scan/refresh, and refresh the browser page..

But yes this should be reported as a bug ( or an Either/OR type situation, not for sure ).. I should have posted myself, but I got frustrated and forgot.. plus I was weighing out doing this for all of my movies.. ( even tried animated GIF files as well )... Which some of what I found was supported but the documentation does not mention it that way, for the specific situation. I figured you would see information for it, if you threw on 'the works' for something special.

Might wait until tomorrow and see if Luke or one of the others have any ideas.

i see. thank you.

By the way, I find another problem.

Only TV Shows(Content type) can use this path structure to play theme video background.

/anime    
    /helloworld      
        smile (1920).mp4      
        smile (1921).mp4
        /backdrops          
             video1.mp4

but if i use  TV Shows(Content type) to build my library.

the TV Shows(Content type) can not auto create folder image like other content type.

it just a little helpless....

acer1204
41 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, what do you mean by auto folder image?

if I add new library folder with Movies(Content type) and rescanned it.

the folder will auto create a cover image.

but if I use TV Shows(Content type) and rescanned it.

the folder will not show cover image. I need to add cover.jpg in folder, that it can show.

By the way, how to set the theme video background auto replay?

if it play finish, it just show a black screen.

I think if it can auto replay backdrops video list, it will good.

Regarding theme video backgrounds, I would see here:

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159179-theme-songs-videos

but if I use TV Shows(Content type) and rescanned it.

How can you switch back and forth between movies and tv for the same content? Does it actually have a tv folder structure?

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159110-tv-naming