needs to work with other DNLA servers

premint

premint

this looks very impressive, but it needs to work with other servers,  like thousands of others i have a buffalo nas which i believe runs twonky server,  just like all DNLA nas boxes they come with a server preinstalled, and yes im sure if your some kind of linux genius its possible to change it, but like most people who just want to watch TV  im not a linux genius,  i just want what ive got to work so i can get on with doing what i bought it to do,  watch TV

this looks like a very slick bit of software, but useless to me as it wont work with my NAS, for some reason all of the Roku apps need to have thier own server installed,  why ?  i have an android box which runs a very simple media player but i would much prefer a roku with this on it

so why cant it do what seems to be a very simple thing like work with other DNLA servers ?

this is a community project. there is no entitlement here. when we want something, we roll up our sleeves and work together and get it done. so if this is something you'd to see, your contributions would be helpful.

Deathsquirrel

You need to install the server software to use MB3.  It will work just fine with the media stored on your NAS.  All of the clients require the MB server.  None of them work with DLNA.  The DLNA is a server-side thing for devices that realistically will never have a MB client available.