Support for Embedded ID's, when scanning Movie/TV/Video Libraries and Metadata Refresh

It has come to my attention that in my modest collect of 2400 videos or so.. total.. That I have a lot of work generated by mis-identified Movies and Videos... I have tried several method to improve these imports, even embedding proper language names ( which does help ). Have relied on Embedded names of the movies when metadata is not present.. to aid in the refresh and search for missing metadata.

I have followed naming conventions pretty much to the 'T' and have embedded metadata for all of those items... This metadata can include an IMDb number inside MKV files and a Catalog ID inside MP4 files. These numbers correspond with exact identification of those videos.. and at one point I thought they could be read out of the file metadata. It seems as though the IMDb numbers were, and embedded data usually shows up where no data was found for the movie.

I have quite a few MP4 files which would benefit from the Catalog ID's being read and used..

This would eliminate a lot of work in importing a Library into EMBY for identification and resources to display the Movie backdrop and art..

So I am putting a request in for support of these numbers for proper identification to streamline this process and possibly be used even in cross-reference function to identify these items without too much work on the user/server administrators part when importing a library for Videos.

I hope this can be supported by the community, and hope to see likes add up for this feature before the next release possibly..  

Yeah, I did read this.. and it does offer support or compatibility for ALL filetypes as well..

Does mean renaming all of my files with Advanced Renamer using existing metadata.. as best I can tell. ( and Movie/Root folders )

Currently:

\\Movies\14 Blades (錦衣衛) 2010 1080p\

14 Blades (錦衣衛) 2010 1080p.mkv

14 Blades (錦衣衛) 2010 1080p.english.srt

\trailers\

14 Blades (錦衣衛) Trailer.mov

To:

\\Movies\14 Blades (錦衣衛) 2010 1080p [tt1442571]\

14 Blades (錦衣衛) 2010 1080p [tt1442571].mkv

14 Blades (錦衣衛) 2010 1080p [tt1442571].english.srt

\trailers\

14 Blades (錦衣衛) Trailer.mov

My trailers actually contain this metadata ( same as movie ), and is used when being played in the Cinema Intro and Trailer Button.. I removed Long Descriptions and the 'Movie' ( or type ) metadata tag for each one. Works out. 👍 - Shows the embedded name, star rating, year, and MPAA Rating.

EDIT: Forgot I also renamed the Chapter Name with the name of the file, not for sure if that is actually being used though.

Edited by Guest