Poor quality image to Samsung TV

mclaren99uk

mclaren99uk

Hi

I have just recently upgraded to the new official release of MediaBrowser.

Up to this point I have had no issues with quality.

Since the upgrade, I am getting poor quality images on my TV when streamed from mediabrowser.

The TV is hardwired and the transcoding is set to best quality, but I not have a blocky screen.

TV is a Samsung TV-37C6500

Can some guide me to where I can increase the quality of the stream.

Edited by mclaren99uk

mclaren99uk

Hi

Clearly tho this does not resolve the issue.

The fault was not there prior to the new release.  it is like the stream bandwidth has been dropped as its all blocky and unwatchable.  However I have made no setting changes.  I noticed that my ipad does not have the same problem.  That streams ok.

There is no fault with my networking.

AndyBak

Yep seeing the same problem here on my Sony TV, DLNA play to is no blocky and unable to browse directly from the TV. Again only since last update.

Ghostm

Hmm strange i have a samsung f6400 and using the latest dev the image for me is perfect using play to or the server.

Tested some mkv's and they all played fine.

What kind of file types are you using?

Edited by Ghostm

maximumentropy

I am using the Mediabrowser web client to play to my Samsung UN32ES6500FXZA ("DLNA Play To").  Everything worked fine until the upgrade to Version 3.0.5340.21263.  Many videos started giving me an error (on the TV) "The file you've selected is not currently supported".

By trial and error I found that if I override the "Samsung Smart TV" profile by removing the AAC codec in DLNA>Profiles>Direct Play>Container: mp4>Audio codecs, then I can play these videos again.  I expect that I will also have to remove the AAC codec from other container types where it appears.

I hope this helps others with this TV, or the mediabrowser developers, in some way.

hmm. aac should be fine. perhaps some other characteristics of that aac track are in play here? can you post the media info from the web client?

i think the issue might be the DirecTv thing. The fact that you saved the custom profile means it will be evaluated ahead of the system ones. i bet if you were to save the custom profile identically to the system one, it would still work.

• Like 1

AndyBak

Again same for me, MP4 files not working on a particular TV but fine when playing through MPC on HTPC or iPad web client.

Luke is this setting related (i.e. something we can address with a workaround) or will we need to wait for a revised release?

Thanks again.

mclaren99uk

I many use MP4's but its just the TV that has the problem.  Other devices I have appear to be ok.

Just looks likes its streaming in low quality, so the blocks appear.

The settings are set for the highest quality and it still does it.

Its not the source files that are generating the problem

maximumentropy

i think the issue might be the DirecTv thing. The fact that you saved the custom profile means it will be evaluated ahead of the system ones. i bet if you were to save the custom profile identically to the system one, it would still work.

Yes, that worked!  Thanks for the tip.

thanks for confirming. with the next server release this won't be necessary anymore, but at least there's a workaround for now.