New Plugin - Rating Poster Database

ebr

None of this hypothetical discussion about features not even in play at this time affects the ability of your plug-in to be in the catalog.  That is based on stability and user-demand.  All of the metadata has some degree of gray area I believe but rating data is something that the providers of that data do value highly and its why we no longer have RT reviews in Emby.

jaruba
Posted (edited)

@ebr

I didn't expect it to but thank you for confirming it.

Given the requirements I doubt the plugin will ever make it to your catalog. There is interest, but the primary issue here is that users expect free or very cheap services. Although there's nothing wrong with that I can't reduce the price of RPDB at this time, so the plugin will probably get stuck in limbo.

As the CEO of Stremio it was fun meeting you, @cayars , @Luke and seeing how you handle things with Emby. So I enjoyed my time around ur forum anyway. 🙂

Edited by jaruba
13 hours ago, jaruba said:

but the primary issue here is that users expect free or very cheap services

Yes they do :).  The "internet culture" has created the illusion for most people that many things are "free" when they really aren't.  The costs are just hidden from them (or people are actually stealing without even realizing it).  Very few things are actually free.  Someone is paying for it somehow.