Changing the genre on an Album does not update the tracks

francoisp

francoisp

Some of my albums and their tracks have been given a genre that I disagree with. Changing the album's genre doesn't trickle down to the tracks. Is there a way to do this or am I stuck at changing each track individually?

Hi, we probably should do this, yes. But even still, it's better to set it individually on each track. 

What you could do is update the tracks outside of Emby, then just run a regular library scan and Emby will pick up the changes.

Happy2Play

Since Emby is/will be embedded metadata driven, you should update in a music tagging program then Refresh Music in Emby.

francoisp
8 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, we probably should do this, yes. But even still, it's better to set it individually on each track. 

What you could do is update the tracks outside of Emby, then just run a regular library scan and Emby will pick up the changes.

One thing I like about emby is that it allows me to assign more than one genre to a track. Unless I am mistaken, this is not a standard metadata feature or is it?

Update: in the past I used Itunes to update a track info and it allowed only one genre.

Edited by francoisp

Technically anymore.. Genre does include multiple entries... BUT in the Music World.. we have a mother genre it is from.. then underlying styles which many of us refer to as genre as well and wind up in our tags..

Technically a GENRE and a STYLE tag would be appropriate.. Style being multiple. This again can be inconsistent between online resources. 

With a Tag Editor it is possible to enter more than one.