Media player

Scottieboi

Scottieboi

Is there some way to stop these annoying pop ups, 'did you know if you press up on your remote' 
I get these all the time on shield ,LG tv, samsung tv, samsung tablet and even on the phone.

I think by now I know how to operate a remote, so is there any point to these annoying banner popups? 

Scottieboi

Every time I skip forward a green banner appears bottom of the screen "Did you know if you press up you can select chapters" 
I get these popup's on every device I use, I find them very annoying. I just want to know how to disable them, if possible.

I should add that this only happens on devices, not on the computer.

Edited by Scottieboi

Scottieboi

emby media player, on all devices, computer has the server installed.
the only way I can get rid of these is to use external media player (Vlc) however I'm not a fan of vlc on my tablet/phone or tv's 

Hi.  Those messages only exist in the Android TV app so I'm not sure how you are seeing them on your phone or any other Emby app.

Also, they only appear twice - ever - so I also don't know how you can be continually seeing them unless you are uninstalling or clearing data - or using a different and brand new user each time...

Scottieboi
1 minute ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Those messages only exist in the Android TV app so I'm not sure how you are seeing them on your phone or any other Emby app.

Also, they only appear twice - ever - so I also don't know how you can be continually seeing them unless you are uninstalling or clearing data - or using a different and brand new user each time...

Thanks for the info Ebr but I get them regardless, plus my LG is Web OS I also never delete data on my devices most I do is clearing cache.
I have noticed that they don't continually pop up during viewing, however they reappear on every start up.

What exactly does it say on LG? Our LG app doesn't have a "did you know" about chapters.

Scottieboi

I don't really use that often but it is very similar if not the same as the green banner as above, I will try catch a screen shot and send it in.