MBC Crash with new UI

moviefan

moviefan

In this thread I mentioned that I would try and collect logs next time I experienced a crash when seeking with the new UI.  Since @@ebr said that my issue was probably a separate one I am starting a new thread now that I was able to get some logs.

When this crash happened I was watching a movie and first hit the right arrow to bring up the new UI.  At this point I hit the chapter up button to try and move to the current position and WMC completely crashed.

There were two application errors showing in the Windows Event Log for this both referencing ehshell.exe as the faulting application.

I am attaching both errors copied to text from the event log, the MBC log, and the Server log (zipped to shrink the size and allow for upload).

Please let me know if I can provide anything else to help analyze.

Thanks.

Edited by moviefan

As you indicated, in both instances it is actually WMC that is crashing, not us.  Our log contains no errors of relevance as well.  So, not sure where to go with this other than to suggest any graphics driver updates or windows updates be investigated.

When you say "chapter up" button, exactly which button do you mean?

moviefan

As you indicated, in both instances it is actually WMC that is crashing, not us.  Our log contains no errors of relevance as well.  So, not sure where to go with this other than to suggest any graphics driver updates or windows updates be investigated.

When you say "chapter up" button, exactly which button do you mean?

Sorry I guess I meant to say channel up button to move forward a chapter.  I will check on graphics driver / win updates but pretty sure everything is fully up to date.  

moviefan

Ah, okay.  Were there actually valid chapter marks in the video?

Yes.  And after reboot I can play the same video and move using the chapter marks perfectly fine.  Most of the time when i try to intentionally reproduce the crash it doesn't happen.  But it feels like almost every time I actually want to make an adjustment to something I am in the middle of watching it does crash.  :-/

• 3 weeks later...
moviefan

I finally got around to checking on the drivers yesterday.  I updated to the latest version of Intel 4600 v15.36.3.64.3907

And now it seems like it crashes even more.  Anytime I want to move position and I hit chapter up almost immediately get a crash now.

For some reason if I restart the video and do it right away it will work.  But as soon as the video has been playing a few minutes and I try to reposition I get the a crash almost every time. 

Very frustrating.  This is the single thing with my setup right now that doesn't make the experience smooth.  I would be very grateful to get it working.

My setup is a custom HTPC with Intel Core i5-4440S, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD and that is mainly it.  Installed Win7x64 professional, install LAV filters, install MBC, and MCShoutcast.  All win updates have been applied.  VLC is also there as a backup player for things LAV cant handle but I don't see how that could affect it.

If there are any steps I can follow to help resolve this issue please let me know.

Does anyone else experience this?