Web Access Forbidden after Network Change

Simaryp

Simaryp

I upgrades my network recently and now I can't access the web ui of my emby server that's running in docker.

I had a similar issue with TVH docker which restricted the access to IPs from the old network. For TVH I could enter the container via ssh and edit some config file to make it running again. I looked through the emby container, but couldn't find anything.

Can you help me, make it running again?

Simaryp

I chroot to the container and had to set enable remote access to true in system.xml.

I don't really understand why, because client and server are on the same network and same VLAN. How can I configure it to remove remote access again? I only want access from two VLANs.

Simaryp

It seems I sorted it out. By adding my desired VLANs and the LAN to the local networks I could remove the remote host option.

But still it is stranged that I could leave everything blank before and now by switching to a VLAN configuration it didn't work anymore although everything beeing in the same adress range.

It would make sense if your VLAN didn't include a specific IP of a device.. So if they are different in any way. This brings the whole lot of the IP's into view as local.. could have meant there was a configuration issue before somewhere. To me what you are saying in his instance make sense to be working correctly and respecting VLAN.

Simaryp

Hmm I can't completely recall the situation before, since it was working I didn't spent too much attention. So I can only guess. It might that in the server web gui not the IP of the server was present but the internal IP of the docker that differs. At least it is the case now.

What I know for sure is, before I had only a LAN and everything was working.

After the switch I had the situation that the web gui shows the docker IP, my server has eg. 10.0.10.2 and the client has the IP 10.0.10.3 with the same VLAN tags. With that I would expect that everything should have worked like before. But it didn't.