Preparing recordings for Emby

emveepee

emveepee

I find that all my browsers and other devices direct play and skip mp4 files remuxed from ts containers with the ffmpeg setting -movflags faststart  Of course they might need to be transcoded to h264/aac 2 channel depending on the source.

Does Emby accept this mp4 container format or does it still remux to hls?

Martin

Hi, it depends on the video and audio codecs, but assuming those are supported by the device you're playing on, then it should direct play.

On 4/3/2021 at 9:46 AM, emveepee said:

I find that all my browsers and other devices direct play and skip mp4 files remuxed from ts containers with the ffmpeg setting -movflags faststart  Of course they might need to be transcoded to h264/aac 2 channel depending on the source.

Does Emby accept this mp4 container format or does it still remux to hls?

Martin

All of my mp4 files use fast start and I've never had an issue with this.
Maybe it's something else?

emveepee

It's not a question of something else, there is no specific problem but I originally asked this as a developer question and for some reason it was moved here. I added a Roku channel for NextPVR and direct play works especially well with faststart mp4 even when not transcoded. I just wanted to make sure that Emby would not have more difficulty with mp4 then it does with ts if I suggest this to users who might want to use the NextPVR addon.

Martin

• Like 1