Theater won't load past login

rblu19

I can log into mbt easy as always, but once I get it (and only one one computer) - it just shows a black screen with the top stuff (clock, search icon, basically everything on that row), and nothing else. Server is on same computer as problem. Trying to access the server from any other server works fine, I just can't get it on the computer that the server is on. It's worked fine before today, not sure what happened. Any idea what might be going on? Log attached.

Update: now it won't work on the other computer either. Starting to think it might be a server problem, but I'd imagine you'd prefer me not to clutter up two boards. Theater log replaced with updated version, and server log added.

server-63543801353.txt

theater-63543802314.txt

Edited by rblu19

Scott Chapman

I have a problem...

Server is loaded.

I was logged into my PC and have successfully been for months, but now it appears then disappears from the 'active device' list and also from the 'player list'

when Media Browser Theatre is open the 'home' tag is faded (unable to be accessed.

-no changes have been made to firewall

-firewall has always been open and switched off (and still is)

-browser server shows as active on the icons in task bar of windows

-no system updates of any kind have been done by windows or any other programs added into the mix

the issue appeared to have begun after watched an item in my library through the browser, now the browser loads as the default player every time where previously the PC was default.

Please help...I am loosing it   :angry:

Scott Chapman

Version 3.0.5340.21263

checkmarkgreen.png Media Browser Server is up to date

Running on port 8096.

MBT also shows 'localhost' so there should be no problem there

Scott Chapman

I had pretty much the same problem, seems like the server is getting booted out of it communicating with the PC, I have tried everything and no joy yet

Beardyname

I'm not following unfortunately what is the issue exactly ?

Are you unable to control MBT from the web-interface ?

Have you tried changing the remote in the web-ui from "My browser" to MBT ?

Scott Chapman

I am able to control the MBT from the browser interface , but unable to control from the MBT from the MBT itself. The PC does not appear as a device

schneifu

I'm in the same boat.  .5340 version not working on one pc.  The .5327 version worked on anothe pc, but auto updated to .5340 and now not working on that pc as well.

Scott Chapman

Im not sure if this much detail is required...however.

1. turn on PC

2. MBS loads (as per usual)

3. launch MBT (as per usual)

4 auto or manual login of the user brings me to a blank main interface (unable to view where folders etc were previously, and yes the images, metadata and file path of the original images etc are still in their original place in windows as I can still view them all as per usual in the web interface)

4. which gets me to the web interface.

5. usually the web interface shows "PC" as the default playback device and also shows it as a connected "active device" on web interface (which is sometimes and sometimes not now there)

6. as per above enquiry i make changes via the web remote when "PC" actually does show up as a device and the interface on MBT accepts and changes screens as per remote changes made in web interface.

7. no matter what the case (PC showing as a deviced or not) the home screen no longer shows my folders. and as per above I know they are all still there and I can access them in the web interface and also in windows folder interface

8 this is a really long explaination and I get the feeling it will all be for naught

Scott Chapman

continually get the message flashing briefly, no connection can be made as the target machine actively refuses it !!! only just saw this now as it only briefly appears and I cant see any way it could be doing so.  as i said previous, no changes have been made to PC and firewall is down

In rblu's case, next pvr is failing. i'll improve the server to recover from that, but in the meantime you'll need to either uninstall the nextpvr plugin, or figure out what's wrong with it.

Scott Chapman

oh and FYI I am a paying member having bought all of the plugins from each of the devs .. shame that I may have to scrap what was an amazing app as I built a HUUUGE library (10 TB plus) around this application

Scott Chapman

is there any way to roll back the update?

I dont have "next PVR" installed, but I do have Media Centre plugin installed, is the update problem causing hassles with this plugin also?

Edited by Scott Chapman

In rblu's case, next pvr is failing. i'll improve the server to recover from that, but in the meantime you'll need to either uninstall the nextpvr plugin, or figure out what's wrong with it.

Uninstalling did the trick, thank you.

as per above I have the exact same problem

If you don't have nextpvr (and therefore uninstalling it wouldn't fix the problem), then while the symptoms may be the same, the cause isn't. Send the logs, chances are it's something easily fixed, but just saying that you have the same problem gives them nothing to work with.

Scott Chapman

i cant find a way to attach the logs, they are a mile long and posting them in as text simply wont work

followed your site instructions on how to upload log file, wont work, is there a simple way to do this?

dont get me wrong here, I think this program is the by far and away the absolute best media interface I have ever seen and the program and the company could be a MAJOR force in the marketplace, however a better interface for assistance would go a long way. I for one would not mind paying for it. I mean if you told me right now you could have a tech remote into my PC and fix the problem for 50 bucks I would say done..

Edited by Scott Chapman

Scott Chapman

call me crazy but it looks like the server auto upgrade screwed things up here

Version 3.0.5340.21263 is the version showing, as per other posts I have seen here seems this could be the problem, auto update is set on the app and that is the only thing that has changed in the whole equation

Edited by Scott Chapman

Scott Chapman

'upload skipped' (this file is too big to upload) , this is retarded, txt file for log is 2 kb long

see attached black screen, no home button appears, no folders appear

Doc1.doc

Edited by Scott Chapman

Scott Chapman

never mind, Im not a tech and I worked it out and as I guessed it might be... uninstalled WMV server and presto it worked again