Guide data not downloading

ournev

ournev

The guide data is not downloading and I get a message when trying to set up the live TV element that the TV lineups are not downloading. I have refreshed the data but no change. I have reinstalled emby to my NAS and that doesn't help either. I use emby mainly for recording TV and without this option it really isn't worth paying for premiere. I have searched the knowledge base and the forum generally but it seems no one else has this problem.

Any help greatly appreciated.

gillmacca01

Just tried on mine and it's downloading the emby guide and I have tried setting up a new tv lineup and that's working too

Is it possible something could be blocking it your end?

ournev

Thanks, I think that is the case too but cannot think of what it may be. I have recently changed my ISP so it could be that. The routers they provide are plug and play these days, pre configured too. So I guess I will have to experiment with that or maybe reinstall the old router. And to cap it all I have just found that I have  failing drive on my NAS. Bad day all round.

gillmacca01

Not a router expert, but could be a built-in firewall, or a port that needs opening

ournev

Thanks, just had a look at the router firewall settings and can't find anything amiss there. I will keep looking.

gillmacca01

You could post your logs, and then one of the guys with more expertise could look at them and point you in the right direction

ournev

I didn't set up any guide data, just tried to set it up within live tv settings and I get the following error - There was an error downloading TV lineups. Please ensure your information is correct and try again.

ournev

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your help. I have managed to sort out the problem after noticing that the all packages tab in the NAS wasn't showing anything so no internet connection. Resetting the default firewall sorted it out. All probably down to fat fingers and a thin brain. I have an excuse, I am 77 and becoming senile 😉