Issue with Roku beta firmware

LaDeeDyDy

LaDeeDyDy

Hi Good People!

Just to let you know, I updated today to Emby Beta 4.6.0.36 and now it will not work on ROKU 4.  I am at the home screen, open it as usual, looks like it will open and fades away back to the home screen and BOOM!...nothing. I am now going to try on MI Box S. 

Whatever you need, let me know, and I will get it to you...and thanks so much!  I appreciate any help at all. 

Xoyn Z.

Mortaelis

The same thing started happening with me yesterday, however I am not using the beta. I tried removing the app from the Roku unit. Restarting the roku and then reinstalling. It still loads, allows me to pick a user then exits.

Every other Emby app I have is working, the app on my LG TV works perfectly as does accessing Emby from Chrome. 

Happy2Play

A wild guess and has nothing to do with Emby server and more to do with Roku firmware.

Is this what is happening?

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Agree 1

ghost460

Same issue on roku express started today. I checked for updates on both the roku and emby server both say up to date. Removed roku from devices on server removed app from roku rebooted both. Reinstalled app to roku selected server then kicks back to home screen. Factory defaulted roku express reset up readded emby tried logging in it sees the server the server sees it in the device list but again as soon as i select the server back to homescreen. Not using beta.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, ghost460 said:

Same issue on roku express started today. I checked for updates on both the roku and emby server both say up to date. Removed roku from devices on server removed app from roku rebooted both. Reinstalled app to roku selected server then kicks back to home screen. Factory defaulted roku express reset up readded emby tried logging in it sees the server the server sees it in the device list but again as soon as i select the server back to homescreen. Not using beta.

Per the attach link, what firmware is on your Roku as that Beta firmware breaks Emby?

Happy2Play

Would appear I just got this issue recently also, downgraded firmware.

LaDeeDyDy

Hello again, Good People!

Okay, I was having the problem on the latest version of ROKU 4 which was Version 10 Build 4150-46...so I downgraded and guess what? Emby now works!

Just to let you know...Emby does work on the ROKU TV with Version 10 Build 4150-46 (maybe because ROKU is simply it...it is built in...nothing to connect) and Emby does work on Android MI Box S fine. 

Dont know if this is a solution...but wanted to let you know for info sake!    

Enjoy your weekend!