Album track # and disc # no longer available

FrostByte

FrostByte

Just noticed this on today's beta build 5340 that the track # and a disc # columns are no longer there and replaced with a pic of the album cover.  Makes it very hard to know which track number a song is and where a new disc starts on a multidisc album.  The icon when displaying the songs from an album is redundant as that is already displayed above.

53eea91967a63_Untitled.jpg

• Like 1

FrostByte

Here is a pic of what it used to look like from another album before current beta release came out.  You can easily see the track # and where disc #2 starts

53eead701c51a_534c7ab757d40_Nirvana2.jpg

psykix

I always disliked having the disc number next to every track - it just seemed superfluous information.

I'd like to see a similar layout for music to iTunes.

i.e. Disc number as a sub heading (along with mini album picture) then the tracks listed along with track number.

Disc number should only be provided when discs > 1

The old way, I seem to remember that you have disc 1 listed next to every track even when it is a single disc album.

Redshirt

In my opinion both styles need to exist. I think the album cover style looks great if your looking at a list of songs that aren't contained to a single album, such as a playlist. If I'm looking at an album details page though, I'd rather see the track number. 

• Like 1

psykix

In my opinion both styles need to exist. I think the album cover style looks great if your looking at a list of songs that aren't contained to a single album, such as a playlist. If I'm looking at an album details page though, I'd rather see the track number. 

Yes, that view would look great for playlists. I just think it looks a bit odd having the repeating album art for every track on an album.

There also does need to be some sort of distinction between discs in multi disc albums.

• Like 1

rickster53

Yes, that view would look great for playlists. I just think it looks a bit odd having the repeating album art for every track on an album.

There also does need to be some sort of distinction between discs in multi disc albums.

Agree...  Bring back old disc/track indicators and use new look for playlists

FrostByte

Under the old style the disc number only showed if you had the disc # identified in your id3 tags.  So if you had a single disc album there really is no need to identify it as disc one in your tags and media browser showed nothing in that column if nothing was in your id3 tags.  It really  helped on multiple disc albums, though I agree you only need to see it once.  Maybe a separator, or something like mentioned between discs.  The current view though really does no good at all unless it's in a playlist then I agree you really don't need that information.