Ytrailer stopped working (Response status code 429)

msujester
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

msujester

Emby Version: 4.5.4.0
YTrailers Version: 1.6.6.3

Is anyone having issues with YTrailers?  I just recently got it installed and working, and working wonderfully it was.  For a few days.  Now I'm consistently getting a "Response status code does not indicate success: 429 (Too Many Requests)."  Which seems to indicate that maybe there are too many requests to YouTube?  But it's been days since I've run this successfully.  The plugin has probably made a total of 5-10 calls via YTrailers over the last 2-3 days.  It's not even that it is making hundreds of failed calls.  I only have a couple of movies without trailers, so after 1-2 calls failed calls it stops.  It can't be my IP that is making "Too Many Requests".   I searched the forums and found this appearing a couple of times, but no real resolution other than maybe YT updated things and broke it, which should result in everyone experiencing this.  Oh, and I only have the scheduled task running once a day.

Here is the full error I'm getting:

2021-03-30 17:36:58.773 Info App: YTrailers Registration Status - Registered?: True
2021-03-30 17:36:58.778 Info App: 35
2021-03-30 17:36:59.111 Error App: Error downloading trailer for Boy A
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.5.4.0
	Command line: C:\Users\brian\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19041
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.9
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/brian/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 8
	Data path: C:\Users\brian\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\brian\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 429 (Too Many Requests).
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpResponseMessage.EnsureSuccessStatusCode()
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.GetStringAsyncCore(Task`1 getTask)
	   at VideoLibrary.YouTube.GetAllVideosAsync(String videoUri, Func`2 sourceFactory)
	   at VideoLibrary.ServiceBase`1.GetAllVideosAsync(String videoUri)
	   at VideoLibrary.ServiceBase`1.GetAllVideos(String videoUri)
	   at YoutubeExtractor.DownloadUrlResolver.GetDownloadUrls(String videoUrl, Boolean decryptSignature)
	   at YTrailers.Search.YouTubeSearch.Search(BaseItem item, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: System.Net.Http
	TargetSite: System.Net.Http.HttpResponseMessage EnsureSuccessStatusCode()

• Solution

Looks like YT is throttling the requests.  You'll probably just need to wait a bit and try again.

msujester

That makes sense, but it seems unlikely that's my issue here.  Only because it's been happening for several days now.  How long could this throttling be going on?  And I have it scheduled to run daily at 12am EDT.  I've also run it at various times in the afternoon and evening, so I'm not just hitting some peak time.

msujester

It started working again today.  No idea what happened for the several days it wasn't working, but wanted to update the issue.  Seems it most likely was not on my end as I didn't make any changes.