Major problem with newest stable build

Haubrija

Haubrija

Hi - I have had a major issue after installing the latest build.  I was running the previous official release of the MBS and selected to update to 3.05340.212.63  After doing so, the Server appears to load and the systray icon appears.  However, when I right click and hit the Configure Media Browser dialog, I get a "This Page can't be displayed error."  Furthermore, MBC claims that the server isn't running despite the prescence of the icon in the systray. 

I have tried restarting the HTPC to no avail.  On my last restart, I generated the log below.  I have not made any significant changes to my HTPC as of late and have updated the Server with each new build with success.  I attempted to go in the Services tab to restart the Server manually and it would not start it. 

Any help would be much appreciated.  Also, if someone could point me to a download of the last stable build so I could use it in the interim, it would be very helpful.  Thanks. 

attachicon.gifserver-63543716826.txt

I assume you're referring to my missing log which did not upload.  I'm trying the attachment again.  I'm not sure what else I can do to properly describe my problem though. 

the socket error in your log generally occurs when there's no network adapter available. are you starting MBS at the same time your computer is starting up? 

Haubrija

Not at first, but I have tried it both ways. 

I initially updated the previous version of the server from the Dashboard and then hit the restart button to restart it.  The server starting dialogue appeared but the Dashboard did not refresh as per usual.  I tried to refresh the dashboard and received a page could not be displayed error.

Thereafter, I attempted to restart the computer and the MBS dialogue came up upon restart.  That's the log I grabbed for you. 

Also, as I said at the outset, I have previously updated the server numerous times without ever having this issue. 

The way the server binds to your network interface has changed for some versions of windows, including 7. the change was made to reduce our port requirement from 2 ports to 1 port. 

It looks like the new way we're doing it is less resilient to your network interface not being loaded yet by windows. So that will have to be resolved but unfortunately the beta group didn't catch it.

Haubrija

Ok.  Is there any way I can download an older version for now?  I rely on mediabrowser fairly heavily.  Thanks for your help  

well if this is going to be solved i will likely need to work with you, or at least someone else who has the same issue. right now you're the only one.

Haubrija

Ok.  Let me know how I can help.  I can give you my email address if its easier to communicate that way.  Thanks. 

Haubrija

Luke - Quick question following up on something you said.  If I understand you correctly, the problem occurs when Windows hasn't loaded the network interface yet so it typically occurs on startup.  If that's the case, why would i have the problem when trying to restart the server after Windows has started and is already idle?  Wouldn't the network interface already be loaded at that point?