root element in my Films media directory

MaxFromFrance
Go to solution Solved by MaxFromFrance,

MaxFromFrance

Hello,

I recently install MB3 Version 3.0.5326.13255 which is working like a charm. Thanks for this greta worlk

I created 3 media directories: Films, TV Series and Perso.

In Films are defined 5 shared network locations, in TV Series 1 shared location and 1 also for Perso.

Then I realized that a pseudo film named "root" is appearing in the Films library.

Indeed, it is present in the metadata section as part of Films and pointing to "%APPDATA%\MediaBrowser-Server\root" directory.

This element is expendable containing Films, TV Series and Perso again. If I expend Films in root, then root is also present etc etc

For info, this 'root' element is not present in Perso and TV Series media library.

This is a litle bit enoying because this pseudo "root" film appears in the new added film in MediaBrowser classic which I use for reading.

Would appreciate if you can help me to solve this issue.

Tell me if you need additional info for your diagnostic.

Best regards

Max

MaxFromFrance

Here it is.

In this situation, Films library is expended, in it the 'root' element which I also expend.

Max

53ee34ede6784_stangerootelement.png

MaxFromFrance

All the locations are defined this way in the libraries

\\Machine\location

In Films library, there are 2 different machines which I am accessing, a remote PC (one location) and the PC hosting MB3 (4 locations).

Is it answering your question ?

• Solution
MaxFromFrance

Following your suggestion, I had a close look to the content of the directories declared in Films library.

And I found in one of them, a shortcut pointing to another!

Once the shortcut deleted and the Films library refreshed, no more root element :P

Thanks for your investigation track.

• Like 2