External Subtitles and MB Clients

spyko

In Media Library wiki  says:

[ All video files can have external srt subtitles. The filename must match the video filename, or be suffixed with a language.

/Movies
   /Home Alone (1990)
      Home Alone.mkv
      Home Alone.srt
      Home Alone.spa.srt
      Home Alone.spanish.srt

Languages can be specified using either the three character ISO code, which is preferred, or the full english name
. ]

If the subtitle filename has no ISO code, clients (except the MBClassic) see it as undefined (Android client) or not at all (MediaBrowser Theater).

So is it a bug of clients or should I rename my hundreds of srt files?

All my Media files are shared and Library folders use UNC paths and I am using a Windows MediaBrowser Server

I apologise If there is already reported but I couldn't find any answer.

I have tried 2 more clients so far (apart from MBClassic) and I would like to report the following:

1) MediaBrowser Classic (local network only): 

It never had a problem playing these undefined or Lang-suffixed srt subtitles. It works perfect as MB2 which I had been using for years.

2) MediaBrowser Theater:

If installed on the same system with MB Server, it recognises and plays only lang-suffixed srt files.

if installed on different system in local network, It sees only the lang-suffixed srt subtitles but it doesn't play them. That makes it not useable for everybody.

if connected to a MediaBrowser Server on other network, it plays lang-suffixed srt subtitles but only because they are hardcoded in the streaming video it gets from server.

3) Android Client:

It always gets a streaming transcoded ts file so if the srt files are lang-suffixed no problem

but if not, It doesn't play the video at all. It waits forever.

Edited by spyko