Remote access IP

MiChAeLoKGB

MiChAeLoKGB

Hi,

what IP are you showing in web client as remote access? As I tried it on 2 separate instalations and it never shown correct IP of my PC, so I wasnt able to go there untill I put there correct IP of my PC.

Ok, thanks, as I had to use my PCs IP to make it work normally.

That's normal. :)

You can't use your external IP on your home network. He can't translate that...

Beardyname

That's normal. :)

You can't use your external IP on your home network. He can't translate that...

well you could depending on router model and also port forwarding, (I am using that) But we should not get into that here :)

Wait, what?  I have until just recently when it started to not work, always used the same dyndns address both inside and outside my home network.  Are you saying that won't work going forward?

Vidman

They are saying it depends on your router/network setup

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300TG using Tapatalk

It used to, not sure what the issue is now.  I have an ASUS RT-AC66R and us dyndns.  I used to go to !@#$!#$.dyndns-home.com:8096/mediabrowser/dashboard/login.html but it no longer works even from the computer using Mediabrowser.

Vidman

It used to, not sure what the issue is now. I have an ASUS RT-AC66R and us dyndns. I used to go to !@#$!#$.dyndns-home.com:8096/mediabrowser/dashboard/login.html but it no longer works even from the computer using Mediabrowser.

It still does

Deathsquirrel

Umm... No... It does not

Think he means it still does in MB.  Nothing in MB prevents doing this.  Your network configuration certainly might but not MB itself.

Beardyname

Think he means it still does in MB.  Nothing in MB prevents doing this.  Your network configuration certainly might but not MB itself.

this ^

I'm still using this and have been for several months, no problems here.

Actually figured out it was a setting that changed when I updated firmware having to do with port forwarding.  Problem solved it appears.

Edited by Bert

Vidman

Actually figured out it was a setting that changed when I updated firmware having to do with port forwarding. Problem solved it appears.

Well done