After this plays, do you want to keep playing or clear the music you previously queued?

MateyTate

MateyTate

Is there anyway to set a default action for the "After this plays, do you want to keep playing or clear the music you previously queued?" question that pops up every time I click a song to play? I like to jump around my music  and this is really annoying to have to click clear or keep every time.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

MateyTate

Yes, browser but also in the iOS app. I was hoping there would be a setting at the server level that could set a default action. 

This doesn't have anything to do with the 'Are you still watching' feature does it? This would break the thing in my opinion..

DEFINITely .. need a feature request to turn that off..

Spaceboy

its only for music.

it is a bit annoying but i understand the idea and think its useful, just not quite right. to me the queue of music should always be maintained and actually the options presented when clicking on a new track should be:

• do you want to play this now
  • add it to the end of the queue
  • or cancel

I do think some things could be better in music...

I don't have my music loaded in or I will make a list... I do know that clicking one song in an album listing adds the whole album.. Be nice just to auto-queue, leave you the option to continue to queue without too many options and stuff going on or difficult playlist generation..

There is more I would like to say.. I know.. but until I load all my stuff I don't think I would hit my mark exactly..

• 3 weeks later...
DynAstasie

Same here, typically I am trying to control a screen from the app. I can play/pause, but if I click on another track, it stops and the controlled screen asks if I want to keep the queue.

More specifically:

- I have a user A, connected via android to server S, can remotely control other users on that server.

- I have a a user B, connected via chrome to server S.

- In android, I select the broadcast icon on the top right, then the "chrome - emby web - user B" option.

- I choose a track in android.

- The message "After this plays, do you want to keep playing or clear the music you previously queued?" appears in chrome. I have to physically interact with this screen to select keep, clear or cancel. Choosing one of the two first options plays the track.

Desired behaviour:

- Message is bypassed with a default behaviour,

- or message is showed in android and can be bypassed from there.

In passing: amazing app, congrats.

Hi, yes it should be on the app you're controlling from. It's something we'll look at improving. Thanks for the feedback.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
PaperPlayn

Concur, this pop-up dialog is kind of frustrating and annoying.  I feel like this should be a back-end setting maybe at a per-library level....

This would make since if you were adding to an existing playlist- that had been saved.. BUT I see why it is done now and how.. I have my music in my Libraries now.. The old behavior it would add to the playlist at the end.. and depending on where you added the song it could be albums later before you hear the song or you could loose what you were listening to..

• I would say that adding to a Play Queue by default would be one song approach...when clicking PLAY.. right behind the last one.. This should create a play Queue [no adding albums unless we want to ( option for the entire album ) option already exists in album view- doing this by default is undesirable to me. ( Could remove button and add to multi-select options.. )
  • selection of [multiple] songs would allow for more specific behaviors ( not just a Refresh or add to playlist ) relative to playlist creation AND current Play Queue.... not just creation of a playlist.. These options could also include Shuffle in Queue...Play Next in Queue. More options there... and with definition to Playlist and Play Queue.
  • Option to verify ONLY when creating a playlist or adding to one.. NOT the Play Queue.
  • When adding music.. allow Play Queue to continue where it is.. selection to Play Next in Queue and option on selection. Manual Play Queue or Playlist order can be addressed by the user afterwards if they want to, by selected the new addition or changing the order of the line-up.

Okay so that would help me work out how I like to add to music line-up.. and still leave behaviors that allow for mass adding of albums and shuffle plays... a little more specific and to the point I think when selecting music and playing.. always felt this area was a little rough...

My Ideas at this point almost forgot about this thread.. was one of the reasons I added my music back in.. before I was ready..

Edited by Guest

• 5 weeks later...
sugarat

I am also having this difficulty. I have thousands of tracks indexed by Emby, but it is impossible to just browse around the music library and click a track without this infernal question popping up all the time. 

I DON'T CARE about keeping or clearing.. just play the damned track I just clicked on..!  I don't even use the playlists, I just want to click on music and have it play. 

PLEASE can this be sorted ? It makes Emby terrible for music playback. 

Thanks

Hi there, we will be adding more control over this in an upcoming update. thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Channahh

Thanks for great software!

Unfortunately this pop-up also makes no sense to me. I have Albums of music in my library. If I  select a track in the web browser it always asks me this question. In every other music application I've ever used clicking on a track means 'play this now then continue with the rest of the track listing from here.' I don't even understand the question as I never use playlists, if that's what this is refering to.

Thanks.

pwhodges
1 hour ago, Channahh said:

In every other music application I've ever used clicking on a track means 'play this now then continue with the rest of the track listing from here.'

I would also like to see this behaviour in the folder view when ever there are audio tracks in a folder.

Paul

• 3 weeks later...
mistercoffee

+1 for this to have a setting to disable this. Having it show on the app you are controlling from (instead of the app you are controlling) would be better than it is now, but it should still have an enable/disable setting.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
mistercoffee

Hi, is there a roadmap for this? It often defeats the point of a remote app if one has to directly use the source machine.

Thanks!

On 12/31/2021 at 7:21 PM, mistercoffee said:

Hi, is there a roadmap for this? It often defeats the point of a remote app if one has to directly use the source machine.

Thanks!

We are working on improving it. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
oblio999

Suggested workaround while we wait for the fix

Edit file  \system\dashboard-ui\modules\common\playback\playqueueconfirmation.js

What I did was comment out the code like this

/* if (1 < currentPlaylistLength) return showConfirmation(options) */

Refresh the Emby web page to load the edited javascript file.

• 2 weeks later...
Nd8SVz
On 1/2/2022 at 2:52 PM, Luke said:

We are working on improving it. Thanks.

Any plans to let us disable this popup? I hate it. 

• 1 month later...