Signing In

kuhater

kuhater

I have installed the app on my Android TV box. The problem I am having is that every time I try to log in, it keeps telling me that I have entered the wrong user I'd and password. Yet when I go on my tablet and go to emby.media, it logs in with the same id & password correctly. I even changed my password several times and each time it gives me the same damn error message on the app on my Android TV box, yet each time that I go to the site I can log in with no problem. I am getting really pissed off. I never had issues like this with Plex. Any thoughts?

Hi.  Do you have any special characters in the device name on your Android TV box?

But, in the Android menus on the device, there is a place to give it a "Friendly name".  What is that?

Also, is this your server or one someone has shared with you?  Local or remote?

Finally, exactly how are you attempting to connect/login in the TV app?

Thanks.

kuhater

What do you mean by  give it a friendly name? Do you mean the Android box? Where do I look? I don't have a special  name for my device. It never asked me to name my Android TV box when I set it up initially.

Edited by kuhater

In the main Android menus - Device preferences/About

image.png

But, did you see my other questions?  I'm thinking maybe you are confusing Emby Connect login with a local login...