/Sessions/{Id}/Playing error - no compatible stream

JirkaStehlik

JirkaStehlik

Hello, 

I´m trying a longer time to get this work, but I´m going out of ideas. 

I want to play the movide, or tv epizode by this api, but no matter on session or item used, i alway get Play error, no compatible stream found. 

If I want to play movie, the intro is played ok (it´s set up only for movies), but after that a get these error. 

If I click on play on emby website, where I want to play item, everithing is working fine. Also doesn´t metter on the device, it don´ t work anywhere, so it is probably sever side problem. 

I already read some simillar topics here, but i didn´t find solution working for me. The server is running on arm64 ubuntu server 20.04 on raspberry pi 4.

The response from swagger is 204, which also doesn´t say anything to me and in logs i didn´t fine anything helfull.

Thank for reply

Hi there, did you check the server log? Did you use the browser debugger to compare your http requests to what the web app sends?

JirkaStehlik

Yeah, so I tried use the browser debugger to compare http request and I find out, the video will play only when I specify the mediasource. How can I found the mediasourceid without playing the video by myself and copying it to swagger, or curl...?

JirkaStehlik

I already find it, it can be found by /Users/{UserId}/Items/{Id} api.

Did I missed in wiki, that the mediasourceid is required, or normaly isn´t?

JirkaStehlik

Yeah, i must overlooked it. I'm sorry for bothering you. 

Maybe I forgot to specify it, because it isn't maked as required in swagger, but anyway, i should have checked it in wiki, this is my fault. 

Thank you very much for your help and have a nice day.