Video Stuttering on Shield

Bigmack3000
Go to solution Solved by Bigmack3000,

Bigmack3000

oh, yea. it's on every single file that comes from iskysoft.  For months now, if a trailer stutters before a film, I've remuxed that file with mkvtoolnix.  Every file I've done that too was wondershare.

OK now that we know that.  Take a look in Emby at the meta-data for a couple of these videos and see if you see this in the imported meta-data.

If so it just got a lot easier to get you a list. :)

Bigmack3000

I wasn't sure how to find the meta data for a trailer, but I found an extra with the "wondershare" container. I attached the nfo file for that extra, and a screenshot of what shows up on emby.

Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 8.24.49 PM.png

Deleted Scene.nfo

Bigmack3000

i don't know.  This file shows wondershare in mediainfo.  and it stutters if played in emby, so it fits the normal criteria of the problem. 982373896_ScreenShot2022-08-26at5_46_21PM.png.0043142b558c14ba4d49f35c08e05bc7.png

Bigmack3000
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Can you try sideloading the latest version of our standard app and see if it will stutters?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.

Was it updated recently? I think I have the latest version.  I believe it came from a github link you posted in another thread.  The settings list it as 3.2.54.  The one attached here should be the version I have.

emby-android-google-arm64-v8a-release.apk

FrostByte
1 hour ago, Bigmack3000 said:

Was it updated recently? I think I have the latest version.  I believe it came from a github link you posted in another thread.  The settings list it as 3.2.54.  The one attached here should be the version I have.

emby-android-google-arm64-v8a-release.apk 32.49 MB · 0 downloads

The latest is 3.2.67, so yes.

Bigmack3000

Thanks!  and Updating the android app on shield is the same process as the first time I sideloaded it?

FrostByte
Just now, Bigmack3000 said:

Thanks!  and Updating the android app on shield is the same process as the first time I sideloaded it?

Yes, until the standard app gets added to the store you will need to sideload it either by usb or over the network.

Bigmack3000
23 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Correct, it will upgrade whatever version you have now and retain any settings

Updated, but unfortunately the stuttering for those files is still there.

Instead of using redirection in the body of the script you can use a simpler format and just assign the values like this:

sysctl fs.inotify.max_user_watches=1048576;
sysctl fs.inotify.max_user_instances=4096;

Change the numbers to match what you want to set them to.