Theme.mp4

MAX92

MAX92

Hello, for the moment There are two supported conventions, theme.ext, or the 'theme-music' sub-folder, where ext is any valid audio extension.

/Movies
   /Home Alone (1990)
      Home Alone (1990).mp4
      theme.mp3

or

/Movies
   /Home Alone (1990)
      Home Alone (1990).mp4
      /theme-music
          song1.mp3
          song2.wma
          song3.flac

Could it be possible to have theme.mp4 instead of theme.mp3 ?

Thanks

rbjtech

.mp4 is a video format, not an audio format.

If you want .mp4 videos to play - then add to the ..\backdrops subfolder - and they will play (in a web browser anyway - not many clients support video backdrops ...)

see - https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159179

Theme Videos :)

Edited by rbjtech

pwhodges

Actually, mp4 is a perfectly valid audio file extension.  There is no requirement to use m4a for audio-only files - in fact the standard only specifies mp4 for all usages, though the use of m4a for audio-only is widespread, and other extensions for special-purpose audio-only files are also used.

Paul

rbjtech

Agree - but while it's valid - In the many years of AV related work, I have yet to see anybody use mp4 for Audio only.   

.mka (audio only mkv) is also supported for Audio themes, but .mp4 and .m4a are not - so the OP is going to have to demux to a supported common format.    Renaming 'may' also work assuming emby is reading the header properly.  

It is technically possible, but why not keep it simple and use a more common audio file type?

MAX92

I ask this because most of time now when I take a theme from Youtube, I have a mp4 file.

For the moment, i change the extension. 

• Like 1