Virtual TV Guide Data on Fire TV's only

LakersFan

LakersFan

Hello,

I am running the plugin VirtualTV. The live TV guide works fine on Windows computers, but has "No Data" in the guide on the first 12 channels on my 2 Fire TVs. I am using the Emby app. If I click the channel, it still plays. It's just that the guide itself is not populating. There is no seemingly obvious way to get them working again. I've tried clearing the cache on the app, refreshing the guide data and reaching out to the plugin dev, who suggested I try this Android TV forum. I've attached my most recent log. Is this something one of you can help out with?

Thank you!

embyserver.txt

8 hours ago, LakersFan said:

I am running the plugin VirtualTV. ... but has "No Data" in the guide on the first 12 channels on my 2 Fire TVs

Are those channels from the plug-in or from "real" live TV?

Also, is there anything special about the channels that have this problem vs the ones that do not?

Do you have a "normal" Live TV tuner setup and, if so, does it exhibit this problem at all?

LakersFan

Hey guys,

Yes, this is a consistent issue. The issue is on both my Fire TV’s but not on my web based Windows PC nor my iPad Emby app.  There is nothing special about these channels. They are a simple playlist; generally a playlist of timeframe (ie. 2018-2020) and excludes certain genres such as animation and holiday. But these same options are on those that work. I do not have another tuner or setup involving Live TV. I can post a bunch of screenshots or more logs (detailed) if it helps.

Thanks!

15 hours ago, LakersFan said:

Hey guys,

I can post a bunch of screenshots or more logs (detailed) if it helps.

Thanks!

Hi, yes please, thanks !

These are channels created by the plug-in but they have real channel names and logos?

But where did those channel names and logos come from?  They look like "real" channels.  I'm wondering if the system is confused looking for data for those real channels.

LakersFan

They come from the plug-in. I can name the channel whatever I want (HBO for example) and there’s a link in the thread with different logos from actual stations. So in order to get the feel of an actual guide, I name the channels with actual channel names (nerdy, I know lol). But it’s actually a pretty cool app as I tend to watch movies I otherwise probably wouldn’t pick. 
So last night I deleted my entire configuration file for the plug-in and started from scratch. I created three “channels”, cleared my cache and refreshed the guide. So far this morning those channels are still populating the guide as expected. Maybe this whole time it was a corrupt configuration file? If so, I apologize for wasting anyone’s time in this thread.  It was just weird that the guide issues only happened on the Fire tv’s. I’ll be back if the problem returns, but at least for the last 10 hours it seems to be working. 
Thanks guys.