Recording Live TV suggestions

drnotes

drnotes

I record from an iptv feed to fill in gaps in a few long running tv shows. As an example Chopped has over 500 episode over 44 seasons. When downloaded there are huge gaps of earlier episodes. Luckily its heavily  rerun on multiple iptv channels. So I have the series set to record to the tv show library. In theory this will fill in the gaps. Sadly guide data with correct season  episode number can be spotty at best.   Emby will record any show that is missing the episode info, so I manually check the upcoming recordings for episode info and to see if I already have the episode. Two things would make it easier

1) if I tell emby not record episode Viewers Baskets, can it remember so it will not try the next time Viewers baskets plays without episode info? It would have to remember that I don't want an episode of that name.

2) if an upcoming show without episode data is going to record and I know that it is S30E06, would it be possible to mark it with the data so that its put in the correct folders?

Thanks

Edited by drnotes

2) if an upcoming show without episode data is going to record and I know that it is S30E06, would it be possible to mark it with the data so that its put in the correct folders?

Hi, this is probably the more realistic of the two options and is not a bad idea. Thanks for the feedback.

drnotes

Would it be possible to allow match by episode name instead of season and episode # for selected shows?  Or match by name when number does not exist?  I realize its probably a bad idea for most shows, but long running shows with spotty guide data might be better to match my episode name. In my experience, When episode number is missing the title is almost always there.