Android TV on Pi Live Player Issue

MostlyBroken

MostlyBroken
35 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yea that's odd. Do you see the same thing in the emby web app?

Interestingly, the same in the Web app, instead crashing the browser when the issue occurs. 

32 minutes ago, ebr said:

So that leads me to believe that the issue is somewhere in the codec implementations in this "unofficial" build of Android.  Exo would be using the internal codecs whereas something like VLC may not.  That is a lot of guessing on my part at this point though.

That would make sense I guess, seems odd that I can't get it to crash in the Exoplayer demo app - that would've pretty much set me on this being the cause. 

Its a shame, as aside from this, performance / 'smoothness' is really good in android TV on the Rpi4 when it does work! (plus steam link etc...)

-I've tried the debian based theater image, however I found it was quite laggy at times, often dropping many frames during video playback etc

I'm at the end of my knowledge on this really, so looks like I'll have to give up on this, unless there's anything else I should try whilst I have it setup? 

Cheers 

9 minutes ago, MostlyBroken said:

Interestingly, the same in the Web app, instead crashing the browser when the issue occurs. 

That's running the web app on that device?

I don't imagine it is related but that is a very strange library setup.  Certainly one we've never seen before and never tested.  Might be worth setting up a more normal system and testing it...

MostlyBroken
9 minutes ago, ebr said:

That's running the web app on that device?

I don't imagine it is related but that is a very strange library setup.  Certainly one we've never seen before and never tested.  Might be worth setting up a more normal system and testing it...

Yes, I installed puffin TV browser to test - runs well for some items, crashes on most others as per the apps. 

I did actually try running from another non prod beta server yesterday - unfortunately diddnt seem to have any noticble effect :(

Cheers