Russian metadata are not available since a few days ago

Lotusd

Lotusd

I noticed that while adding new movies only English metadata are avalable. When rescanning manually, Russian language metadata are not available. Tried to rescan entire library, outcome - all the movies were renamed for English.

Does anyone know the reason?

embyserver.txt

Edited by Lotusd

Hi there, can you please go over a specific example? What exactly are you not getting Russian metadata for?

Lotusd

Hi,

Actually for no one movie (I have 125 of them in this library). After I've refreshed metadata, it switched from Russian into English. Before they were all well recognized in Russian, including banners, posters, description

Example: Pirates of the Carribean - all movies

Edited by Lotusd

Hi, your connections to MovieDb are all timing out and failing. Is something blocking your connection to them? This is likely the reason for your issue.

Lotusd
13 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, your connections to MovieDb are all timing out and failing. Is something blocking your connection to them? This is likely the reason for your issue.

The point is that MovieDB does not provide Russian language at their website as well. I think, I just have to wait until they fixed it

UPD - There is a blockage by Russian authorities. Solution for Synology is here https://www.themoviedb.org/talk/6036ee9d4fd141003eae8534?page=9#6059ff6d47c9fb0028040f86

Edited by Lotusd

Lotusd
2 hours ago, Luke said:

So where does Russian metadata come from then?

It comes now from TMDb but some modifications in the file /etc/hosts needed - see below the quote

Got the same problem as discussed here. Also in Russia. My "Video Station" app installed at Synology NAS uses api.themoviedb.org to download info about movies, and it stopped working several months ago. I read all this thread and followed smb's recommendation to modify the "etc/hosts" file. So I added line "99.84.214.124 api.themoviedb.org" to this file and now everything works fine. I picked up this IP-address (99.84.214.124) from the recommended link - https://dnschecker.org/country/ru/#A/api.themoviedb.org

Lotusd
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

I thought you just said "MovieDB does not provide Russian language" ?

sorry, my mistake. to be more precise, the api link did not work, so did not receive english one as well. Those I received in English were coming from the secondary server

Edited by Lotusd