Emby for Androix Box, Which Version

flakie

CBers
6 minutes ago, clarkss12 said:

Always looking for the holy grail.

You already have it, the Nvidia Shield. 

Thanks. 

Clark is a "tinkerer".  He likes to play with all the different devices.  That's okay and it actually helps us out a lot because he discovers things with the different devices :).

clarkss12
50 minutes ago, CBers said:

Thanks. 

No, it is NOT the holy grail for me, but perhaps for others. 

Are you aware that the Shield was born as a gaming machine only??  It only shipped with a game pad.  ONLY did Nvidia realize that people were using it as a media player, did they create a media remote for it.

• Haha 1

CBers
1 hour ago, clarkss12 said:

No, it is NOT the holy grail for me, but perhaps for others. 

Are you aware that the Shield was born as a gaming machine only??  It only shipped with a game pad.  ONLY did Nvidia realize that people were using it as a media player, did they create a media remote for it.

Yep, still have 2 original Shield controllers. 

The remote was originally available as an optional extra. 

It's still the best Android TV device on the market. 

FrostByte

I wouldn't call the Shield the Holy Grail for me because it doesn't support HLG which I find very annoying since I watch a lot of BBC shows in HLG.  It's the best Android box so far though and between it and the Samsung app I believe I can direct play everything I have 

clarkss12
23 minutes ago, CBers said:

Yep, still have 2 original Shield controllers. 

The remote was originally available as an optional extra. 

It's still the best Android TV device on the market. 

I stand corrected, I guess it did come with a remote.  I usually grab a device when it first comes out, but I passed on the first Shields, because I was not a gamer.  I also passed on the Razer Forge for the same reason.

I got the first Android TV device, the ADT-1, then I got the Nexus player (3) of them, then it went down hill from there.  

Of course, I was "tinkering" with the "cheap Chinese" boxes/sticks way back in 2012 or 2013.

clarkss12

I purchased a Vizio P65Q9-H1 and it comes as close to the holy grail of device that I have so far, EXCEPT, and that is a big except, it does NOT have an Emby app.  I could toss all my boxes and use that one device and ONE REMOTE, but it will never happen.. I will probably still be looking for that elusive holy grail until the day I die.....

• Agree 1

clarkss12
3 hours ago, CBers said:

Thanks. 

Been awhile since I used my Shield, but just did some testing.    Playing a movie that supports HDR 10, it does not play with HDR (according to my TV stats).  Also, it does not change the frame rate for Netflix nor Vudu.   

So, yes, it is the best Android box out there at this time, but far from being the holy grail of media consumption. 

My new Vizio TV ticks all of the boxes, except an Emby app..........