Having trouble with live tv.

JediMarx
Go to solution Solved by JediMarx,

JediMarx

Hey there! Live tv is just not working. I can see all the channels, and some of the guide loads, but whenever I try to play something the circle just spins. I've searched around to figure out the issue and I think I know what it is, however I could not find how to solve it.

In my m3u it has an @ symbol in the "username" there's also a couple of &'s.

Hope you're well.

kanipek
2 hours ago, JediMarx said:

Hey there! Live tv is just not working. I can see all the channels, and some of the guide loads, but whenever I try to play something the circle just spins. I've searched around to figure out the issue and I think I know what it is, however I could not find how to solve it.

In my m3u it has an @ symbol in the "username" there's also a couple of &'s.

Hope you're well.

The @ symbol should not be an issue not sure about ampersand. You will need to  submit logs. Please either submit via a PM to @luke or sanitize out your M3U username/Password and attach here. Also see:

Edited by kanipek

JediMarx

@kanipek

Here are the logs. I just noticed the password also includes asterisks.

2021-03-16 10:02:28.347 Info LiveTvManager: Opening channel stream from Emby, external channel Id: m3u_b85e4c3428c28da82f65564a11a701c395ddacb305569f67b4d2ce0ca306c445
2021-03-16 10:02:28.347 Info LiveTV: Streaming Channel m3u_b85e4c3428c28da82f65564a11a701c395ddacb305569f67b4d2ce0ca306c445
2021-03-16 10:02:28.348 Info SharedHttpPipelineSource: Opening SharedHttpPipelineSource Live stream from http://iconic-streams.com:80/*****/*****/10292
2021-03-16 10:02:28.349 Info HttpClient: GET http://iconic-streams.com:80/*****/*****/10292
2021-03-16 10:02:28.566 Info HttpClient: Http response 401 from http://iconic-streams.com:80/*****/*****/10292 after 217ms. HeadersServer=nginx, Date=Tue, 16 Mar 2021 10:02:28 GMT, Connection=close, Access-Control-Allow-Origin=*
2021-03-16 10:02:28.585 Error M3UTunerHost: Error opening tuner
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.5.4.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_armhf.deb
	Operating system: Linux version 5.10.17-v7l+ (dom@buildbot) (arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-8 (Ubuntu/Linaro 8.4.0-3ubuntu1) 8.4.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.34) #140
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.8
	OS/Process: arm/arm
	Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Unauthorized
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Emby.LiveTV.TunerHosts.SharedHttpPipelineSource.OpenStream(IDisposable connectionContext, MediaSourceInfo mediaSource, String url, MediaProtocol protocol, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Int32 recursion)
	   at Emby.LiveTV.TunerHosts.SharedHttpPipelineSource.Open(CancellationToken openCancellationToken)
	   at Emby.LiveTV.TunerHosts.BaseTunerHost.GetChannelStream(String channelId, String streamId, List`1 currentLiveStreams, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
	TargetSite: Void 

Hi.  What happens if you copy the url from the log and paste it in a browser window?

What m3u file?  This is occurring when trying to tune to a channel or refresh channels?

If your provider has an option for the type of stream, select TS instead of HLS.

JediMarx

@ebr
This is the file it tries to download when I put it in my browser. The issue occurs when I try to watch something. I can see a show on my guide (the epg is working now, that was an issue on my end) but when I click play it's just the spinning circle.

And it is in ts.Screenshot_20210316-124944.png

Edited by JediMarx
added detail

Something is not right there as it looks like it is trying to download the m3u for all channels instead of tune to a single channel. 

I think I'll get @cayars to take it from here with you...

JediMarx

@ebr I made a mistake. I accidentally just input my m3u address into the browser. I've now done what you've asked. Nothing happens when I put that into my browser.

9 minutes ago, JediMarx said:

@ebr I made a mistake. I accidentally just input my m3u address into the browser. I've now done what you've asked. Nothing happens when I put that into my browser.

Okay, that makes more sense.  There has to be something wrong with those urls...

1 hour ago, ebr said:

Something is not right there as it looks like it is trying to download the m3u for all channels instead of tune to a single channel. 

I think I'll get @cayars to take it from here with you...

33 minutes ago, JediMarx said:

If you want to PM (private message) me the m3u file or address you're using I can validate it for you.
Then if they are good/valid we could do a TeamViewer report session to get you setup and running with it.

That would likely be the most expediated way to get this resolved for you.

Carlo

• Solution
JediMarx

Thanks all, @cayars fixed it. Apparently my service was geolocked. All it needed was the "User Agent" to be changed to "VLC/3.0.3". Thanks so much!

• Like 1