Audiobooks: Bookmarks

negativzeroe

negativzeroe

This will probably need to happen after books are treated as a single item regardless of tracks, but be able to bookmark various spots in the book and jump back to various timestamps.

Might need to account for playback speed. Raising concern here for the checklist.

• Like 6

Hi, yes this is an idea we've liked for video as well but have never been able to get to it, so this sounds like an opportunity to handle it for both together.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 years later...
iPhoneMaxPro
On 3/15/2021 at 9:58 PM, Luke said:

Hi, yes this is an idea we've liked for video as well but have never been able to get to it, so this sounds like an opportunity to handle it for both together.

It would be great to add bookmarks, so that if an audiobook is 5 hours long you can easily annotate it.
for example:
at 5:20 I bookmark "Chapter 1"
in minute 10:00 I add a bookmark with the words "remember to smile"
etc..

In addition to this, the "listen again for 10 minutes" function is missing, so that on one listen to meditation music for sleep, the audio automatically switches off after the preset time.

I hope you add these settings because I think they are great thanks

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
jprobins007

This is a related but not identical comment/request. For me, Emby always loses the progress in a partially listened to audiobook. As FF does not work either, this means the audiobook must be listened to all in one go or not at all. Frankly, I suspect I am missing this functionality somewhere, but I have not found any solution. The bookmarking of this thread would be a great workaround for my problem. Note, I am using Fire and Chromecast to listen through TV speakers.

• Like 2

iPhoneMaxPro
On 9/16/2023 at 3:29 PM, jprobins007 said:

Questo è un commento / richiesta correlato ma non identico. Per me, Emby perde sempre i progressi in un audiolibro parzialmente ascoltato. Poiché FF non funziona neanche, ciò significa che l'audiolibro deve essere ascoltato tutto in una volta o non deve essere ascoltato affatto. Francamente, sospetto che mi manchi questa funzionalità da qualche parte, ma non ho trovato alcuna soluzione. Il bookmarking di questo thread sarebbe un'ottima soluzione per il mio problema. Nota, sto usando Fire e Chromecast per ascoltare attraverso gli altoparlanti della TV.

I also think this feature is missing on Emby!