Dolby Vision on nvidia shield 2019 ( the tube)

herrverbal

herrverbal

Hello all experts, i am ripping my hair off cause i cant get the DV working on my shield when playing/streaming Dv remuxes - mkv made by FraMeSToRe. The info about the movie in emby server only shows hdr. The shield works and show DV logo when playing from netflix. 

Hardware

Sony Bravia KD-XF9005

Reciver. Onkyo TX-NR696

Nvidia Shield 2019 ( the tube )

ATV 4K

I have the shield and ATV connected to reciver and so on. Tried connect direct to tv and skip mutch sound ( only arc - no earc) but the same... no DV

The Emby server is running on a intel i7 8700 with a 1080 ti card to help out. Is it specific settings i need to do to get the DV working on the server/shield? The ATV i can forget i guess as well even on Infuse i cant get it to work. I am open for any good advice and even better : are there any standard settings you must have in general for emby server/app to work best ? 
And yes - running the latest  version for the server and app.

sorry for my poor spelling...

keep it cool dudes

rbjtech

For DV playback, you need to be running the latest BETA App - the latest Release App does not allow you to play DV.  This needs to be sideloaded to the Shield.

herrverbal

Ok - thx for answer:) i read their was a link to find that apk somewere.... i Will hunt for it and try to give it a go then

herrverbal

Yeaaaah - now i can let my hair grove back - worked like a charm. You guys rules as always !   I salut you.  Last thing, when ever the new stable version and not Beta version its still just to update on nvidia shield google store as always ? Cause my noobie on the settings and so its better for me to run next stable version thats includes DV support :)

Again - big bear hug from me