Emby app for Vizio TVs

clarkss12

clarkss12

Not sure where to post this request, but I am posing here anyway..

I purchased a Vizio TV ( P65Q9-H1) a couple of months ago, and now have been testing it.  So far, I am quite impressed with it.

It would be great is Emby was able to add it's client app to their OS.  They use their own OS, so not sure if it is possible.  Plex does have an app on their OS, but it did have issues with some of the media playback.

clarkss12

If Vizio would allow the Emby app, I could get rid of ALL my Android boxes.............. 

I have ALWAYS used these TV's, including the 4k "smart" TV's as monitors, never as a TV ( a TV has rabbit ears).  I replaced my 65" Sammy with this P65Q9-H1 about a month or two ago, and as usual, I connected all my devices to it and used it as a monitor only (only weird people actually have rabbit ears connected to their smart TVs) . 

Anyway, three or four days ago, I started tinkering with it to see what it can do, I was blown away.  Besides the picture being fantastic, it has automatic frame rate switching on ALL of the apps that I tested.  It was fast and not sluggish at all, but the main thing that made me a believer was that it passed through ALL the audio codecs that I tested, amazing.  Of course it supports Dolby Vision, HDR 10, HDR 10+ and HLG and has HDMI 2.1.

The live TV function on this TV is almost none existent, no guide or station information at all........  Do they still print the TV guide in the local news papers???

And the remote is quite usable and comfortable to use.......

If it had the Emby app, it would almost be perfect...........

Here is my thoughts on this TV

Edited by clarkss12

skidmarks
8 minutes ago, clarkss12 said:

(only weird people actually have rabbit ears connected to their smart TVs)

Your telling me!  I've got a 40ft mast and a rotor... 

Think that makes me goofier than a pet racoon!

But i do own a couple vizios.

Edited by skidmarks

clarkss12
7 minutes ago, skidmarks said:

Your telling me!  I've got a 40ft mast and a rotor... 

Think that makes me goofier than a pet racoon!

But i do own a couple vizios.

Mast with ROTOR is old school........... :)  Are you still using the 300 ohm leadin cable???  :)

Edited by clarkss12
  • Like 1

skidmarks
13 minutes ago, clarkss12 said:

Are you still using the 300 ohm leadin cable???

Was a chief engineer...  Rectangular Waveguide

MVC-012S.JPG.8eedac9ec4c6847dd3f4572fa629a557.JPG 

clarkss12
22 minutes ago, skidmarks said:

Was a chief engineer...  Rectangular Waveguide

MVC-012S.JPG.8eedac9ec4c6847dd3f4572fa629a557.JPG 

That is an oil drilling rig........... :)

clarkss12
1 hour ago, skidmarks said:

Well... falling off would probably have the same results...

MVC-003S.JPG.6abb45b59d64310ae2c703e02149a73c.JPG

Dam****........  

• 1 year later...
tamodbx

Yeah Emby are you reading this. Plex is already on VIZO. Emby on VIZO now! Thanks!

Edited by tamodbx

16 minutes ago, tamodbx said:

Yeah Emby are you reading this. Plex is already on VIZO. Emby on VIZO now! Thanks!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
gallemore

Please try submitting it again or another route to contact someone to get this done. I have the newest Vizio TV and I just purchased Emby Premiere thinking it was a good idea to jump from Plex. I can't use my server and no one talked about that anywhere before I purchased this thing. I have never used Emby but this is a bad first impression.

1 hour ago, gallemore said:

Please try submitting it again or another route to contact someone to get this done. I have the newest Vizio TV and I just purchased Emby Premiere thinking it was a good idea to jump from Plex. I can't use my server and no one talked about that anywhere before I purchased this thing. I have never used Emby but this is a bad first impression.

hi, we will try again. We do periodically. It's important to understand though that they don't have an open app store that any developer can submit. 

You have to be a Vizio streaming partner, and in order to become that, you need to be able to generate revenue for Vizio. Plex has it's ad-supported content which gives them a way of doing that, whereas we are your personal media server.

gallemore

Ok, I see. I ordered an Amazon Firestick because I read that it does support Emby. So far I do like the platform for the most part. I don't like that there aren't options to sort by duplicate movies/TV shows or to search specifically by an actor and to see their list of movies like Plex does. Those two integrations would probably help a lot. It is a very useful tool and a great transcoding server platform, so thank y'all for the work. Just trying to give feedback since I feel invested now. Haha.

34 minutes ago, gallemore said:

Ok, I see. I ordered an Amazon Firestick because I read that it does support Emby. So far I do like the platform for the most part. I don't like that there aren't options to sort by duplicate movies/TV shows or to search specifically by an actor and to see their list of movies like Plex does. Those two integrations would probably help a lot. It is a very useful tool and a great transcoding server platform, so thank y'all for the work. Just trying to give feedback since I feel invested now. Haha.

HI, the search feature in the app will return actors. have you tried that?