Fresh install - please help

Jonny67

Jonny67

I had an issue with my surveillance QVR Pro on my QNAP NAS. QNAP Tech Support started a remote session to fix the issue and removed Emby Server completely! I have just downloaded the latest .qpkg "thinking" I could just re-install and all is well but no, it is a fresh install with no knowledge of any of my previous settings. I now have a barebones Emby setup.

What is the best process to restore all my settings? I did backup each night using the backup plug-in (can't remember what it was called). I'm just after some help so I don't mess things up.

Thank you.

Jonny67

I installed the Backup plug-in and did a restore from latest backup. It restored my settings and media libraries but not my cover art or metadata. I would have expected the backup to backup everything, is this not the case? Any way to get my cover art back? Do they get downloaded somewhere or do I have to manually refresh metadata on each movie? I have over 600. 

Is their a way to keep the metadata/cover art images locally on disk in their respective folders?

I also have each movie folder "locked" in Metadata manager, would this cause an issue? Can I Unlock all folders as one job, it looks like I have to unlock each one individually.

Edited by Jonny67

Happy2Play

The plugin is Server Configuration Backup, it only backs up Configurations.  Since databases are not backed up the centralized images are useless.  That is why it is recommended you configure each library to write nfo files and save images with media.  But you may have to verify Emby has write permissions to your media folders.  

Only way to do a centralized backup is manually maintain a backup of Emby Programdata/Data folder (folder different on different platforms).

As for Locked metadata it depends on your setup as Emby no longer allows Locking library level folders anymore that propagates every item.  If libraries are subfolder then locking on that subfolder propagates to all item in that folder.  But Lock only applies to metadata and has nothing to do with images.

Note write nfo and save images with media has to be enable before importing items into Emby, already imported items would have to refreshed w/replace images to get the info with media.

Jonny67

Thanks for the reply. Luckily I have movies in sub-folders named by their genre so was easy to unlock all items. I also enabled saving of images this time before performing a refresh. Everything is back up and running now. Thanks again for your help :)