Sound Not Playing On Some Files

jharlan628

jharlan628

Hi there!  The majority of my content plays back perfectly, but I do have select files that playback without sound when on my LG Smart TV.  When I go to a web browser on my laptop, the same files play with sound.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

jharlan628

Hi Luke,

Please bare with me as I'm not the most technologically savvy.  I've attached the server logs.  For an example, I'm using a video entitled Rolling Stones - The Video (1982).   When on the app for the LG TV, I get no sound with this file.  If I load Emby on my laptop in Google Chrome, I do get sound.  Playback info on the TV app:

Playback Info

• Player: Web Video Player
  • Play Method: DirectPlay
  • Protocol: http
  • Stream Type: Video

Video Info

• Video resolution: 1920x1080

Original Media Info

• Container: mkv
  • Bitrate: 5.8 Mbps
  • Video codec: H264 High
  • Video Bitrate: 5.8 Mbps
  • Video framerate: 29.97003 fps
  • Audio codec: DTS DTS
  • Audio bitrate: 1.5 Mbps
  • Audio channels: 6
  • Audio sample rate: 48000 Hz

embyserver (1).txt

jharlan628

With a little more digging, this appears to be happening when the file's audio codec is DTS. Any suggestions?

SamES

I assume your TV is a relatively new model.  LG have dropped support for DTS from 2020.  In the next release of the LG Emby client DTS will automatically get converted so you will still get audio.  I don't know when LG will approve that release, but hopefully soon.

In the meantime, you could use the conversion feature on the server to create a copy of the file with a supported media track.

image.thumb.png.07efe46add1004d5b8714da5222700d7.png

jharlan628

Yup, a new TV.  Okay so basically wait for the updated app and in the meantime, create a conversion from my computer.  I found another thread that with eARC I would need to use an external device like my nvidia shield, which I could totally do that as well.  https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001984861-why-does-the-emby-app-for-my-lg-tv-not-play-the-dolby-atmos-truehd-audio-without-transcoding-

I appreciate the responses!

• Like 1