zur nächste Episode springen - kein entsprechender Button?

JanneKah

JanneKah

Hello everyone,

After using Plex for many years on many NAS-devices I thought it was time for something new so I installed Emby server on my new server and was pretty impressed so far. Only one problem annoys me very much and I'm not sure if I'm just to blind to see the solution or if it's missing.

Is there a "skip to next episode" button? All I see is the "+30 sec" and the "-10 sec" buttons but no "skip to next" or "skip to previous" button. It's okay when watching on my Nvidia shield since the "Enable next video info during playback" option works there but it doesn't work on the web app. It's really annoying since I have to wait for the currently playing episode to finish or hit the "+30 sec" button several times and then click on the next episode. 

Thank you in advance.

JanneKah

Guten Morgen,

ich muss/möchte es hier im deutschen Forumteil nochmal versuchen, da ich so langsam aber sicher an meinen Fähigkeiten zweifle, Emby richtig zu bedienen. Ich habe hier einen Emby Server (4.5.4.0) auf einem Server (Unraid/Emby per Docker) zu laufen und Emby läuft an und für sich auch sehr gut. Erfrischend nach vielen Jahren Plex. Aber während ich eine Serie über die Webapp abspiele (aber auch über die Emby Theater App für Windows), finden sich zwar die "Skip x-Seconds" buttons, aber kein "Skip Title" button. D.h. ich muss entweder den Abspann einer Folge abwarten und dann über das Dashboard die nächste Folge starten, oder -sobald der Abspann läuft- mehrfach auf den "Skip x-seconds-forward" button klicken bis der Abspann durch ist und dann (ebenfalls über das Dashboard) die nächste Folge starten.  Ein Player ohne skip-to-next-title Option ist mir zumindest noch nicht über den Weg gelaufen und wäre leider ein KO-Kriterium für mich. Ich gehe daher davon aus, dass ich den Wald vor lauter Bäumen nicht sehe...oder? Oder? :) 

Happy2Play

Merged existing topic here.

I'm sorry I don't follow as I look before/next for a show. Do you mean that you don't see this arrow in the web client?

Sorry I don't follow as I see previous/next for a Show.  Are you saying you don't see these arrow in the web client?

next.thumb.jpg.a620e63ea015cd0be2861b9037a75e05.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

JanneKah

Genau so ist es. Diese Pfeile fehlen bei mir.

Thats exactly what I mean. I don't see those arrows in the web client.

EmbyNoSkip.PNG

Happy2Play
11 minutes ago, JanneKah said:

Genau so ist es. Diese Pfeile fehlen bei mir.

Thats exactly what I mean. I don't see those arrows in the web client.

EmbyNoSkip.PNG

Ist das ein Touchscreen-Gerät? Ich sehe die dreipunktige Menüoption "Mehr" in Ihrem Bild.

Happy2Play

A quick test on my Windows tablet and look similar. So for me, this is a problem with the touchscreen design.

A quick test on my Windows tablet and see similar.  So this is a touch screen design issue, to me.  Can't seem to find the other topic but believe this has been mentioned before.

@Luke

Edited by Happy2Play

JanneKah
25 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Ist das ein Touchscreen-Gerät? Ich sehe die dreipunktige Menüoption "Mehr" in Ihrem Bild.

Nein, der screenshot stammt von einem Windows PC ohne Touchscreeen. Ich habe auch ein Windows Notebook mit Touchscreen mit dem selben Problem, aber dort sind diese drei Punkte nicht zu sehen.

No, the screenshot was taken on a non-touchscreen Windows device. I also have a device with a touchscreen and the same problem but I can't see those three dots there. On my touchscreen device it looks like in the attached picture. Both device (touchscreen and no touchscreen): No skip to next episode button.

embyNoSkipTS.PNG

Edited by JanneKah

You only see those buttons when you have a play queue containing multiple titles. Try playing from the series level. Also check your user settings to ensure the autoplay next episode option is enabled.

JanneKah

Thank you, Luke. That solved it for me. 

But that means playing a TV show from the episode level  (aka hit play on a single episode) doesn't give me the option to skip to the next or previous episode while starting to watch from a season or show level (aka hit play on a season or a show) does that. I wonder why it's designed like that and imho it doesn't make much sense. I should always be able to switch to the next or previous episode, no matter if i hit play on show, season or episode level. I mean, I will get used to this but I'd love to have a choise here on which level to start watching.

Anyway, thank you so much for you advice.

Regarding autoplay: I'm sure it's usefull for lots of people but for someone like me who regularly falls asleep while binge watching and wants to keep track it's not :) 

JanneKah
On 3/8/2021 at 6:38 PM, Luke said:

You only see those buttons when you have a play queue containing multiple titles. Try playing from the series level. Also check your user settings to ensure the autoplay next episode option is enabled.

Sorry to bother with this again but I found out that your solution actually isn't one. Yesterday I started watching a new season of a show so hitting play on season level worked and showed the arrow/skip button in the player. I watched until ep. 4 yesterday. Now today I wanted to resume (starting at episode 5) and again hit play on the season level...and the player started playing episode 1 of that season. So I had to stop, go down to the episode level of that show and hit play on episode 5. Now I could watch what I wanted to watch but guess what? Yeah, no skip button. This is highly annoying and I really don't understand why Emby doesn't bring a skip button no matter what. 

edit: Seems like now I found the solution myself. "Play from here" on episode level is the way to go. I still would love to see an "skip to next item" button no matter what...it wouldn't hurt but be helpful.

edit 2: Da dies das deutsche Forum ist, hier eine kurze Zusammenfassung, falls noch jemand irgendwann über dieses Problem stolpert. Sobald man eine Serie auf Episodenlevel startet, also zunächst die Show wählt, dann auf die Staffel klickt und dann schließlich die Episode anklickt um das Abspielen zu starten (zB. weil dies die nächste ist, die man noch nicht gesehen hat), erscheint im Player leider kein "zur nächsten Episode springen"-Button. Das Problem lässt sich entweder dadurch "lösen", dass man bereits auf Staffel-Level auf Play klickt (also den Play-Button auf der Staffel anklickt) - dann allerdings beginnt der Player mit Episode 1 der Staffel, ist man schon weiter hilft diese Lösung also nicht. Auf Episodenlevel bekommt man die "zur nächsten Episode springen" Buttons nur dann, wenn man nicht auf die Episode zum starten klickt, sondern auswählt "Play all from here" (auf deutsch wahrscheinlich "alles von hier abspielen"). Das ist zwar naheliegend, aber insbesondere für Nutzer von Plex sehr ungewohnt, da Plex immer einen "zur nächsten Episode springen" Button zeigt, egal, auf welcher Ebene man den Player startet.

Edited by JanneKah

JanneKah

Thank you Luke. Just last night it happened. I started a season at episode 1 having "play next episode automatically" enabled (to get my beloved skip button) and also "are you still waching? - prompt" enabled. I fell asleep around episode 4 but in the morning Emby showed 11 episodes as watched.

Just out of interest: When does the "are you still watching?" - prompt appear? Does it count played episodes without any interaction or just the time that went by without any interaction?

• 1 year later...

I'd like to remind of this topic, as it didn't seem to be solved, yet.

We watched a new season of a series with the Emby App on the Amazon Fire TV and encoutered the same problem JanneKah described here. It doesn't only apply to the "skip" buttons in the player controls, but also the "Go to next episode" button that appears in the last few seconds of an episode to skip the credits.
It would be very nice if the "playlist features" don't depend only on starting a playlist but automatically activate when watching series, independent from the point where you start watching.

Deutsch:

Das Thema scheint aktuell immer noch ungelöst zu sein.

Wir haben letzte Tage über die Emby-App auf dem Amazon Fire-TV die neue Staffel einer Serie geguckt und die von JanneKah beschriebenen Probleme gehabt. Das betrifft nicht nur die "Skip"-Buttons in der Button-Leiste des Players, sondern auch den einen "zur nächsten Episode"-Button, der kurz vor Ende erscheint, um die Credits zu überspringen.
Es wäre gut, wenn diese Features nicht nur davon abhängen, ob man eine einzelne Episode oder eine Liste von Episoden startet, sondern ganz automatisch zur Verfügung stehen, sobald man eine Serie ansieht, egal mit welcher Option man eine Episode gestartet hat.

• Like 1

JanneKah
On 4/22/2022 at 8:59 AM, Arby said:

I'd like to remind of this topic, as it didn't seem to be solved, yet.

Just in case you want to comment in the english language forum too. As you can see there's not much happening but every single comment (except another one from me :)) counts.