No Playback with App on shield, need Premiere ?

Kodi_Newcomer

Kodi_Newcomer

Hello,

Li have a Quest. For Long Time i have test the emby App on the Nvidia Shield. IT works good. For now i will Fallback to the app because emby next gen die kodi did Not Work right at this time. But when i will Play a file he ask me for purchase Premiere or free the App. But when i go in ok Google Play will have some payments Infos.

For now the app need Premier to Play Mediafiles ? I think this was free.

Greets 

7 hours ago, Kodi_Newcomer said:

How can i unlock the one time for the app ?

Hi. The option is on the same page that comes up when you try to play something.  There is a subscribe button and a "Just unlock this app" button.

Kodi_Newcomer

hm ok it only works when i add payment Option to google. Can i unkock the App Outside from Google ?

5 hours ago, Kodi_Newcomer said:

hm ok it only works when i add payment Option to google. Can i unkock the App Outside from Google ?

Sorry, no.  That is against Google policy.

Gilgamesh_48
17 hours ago, Kodi_Newcomer said:

I do not know if it works with Google but I have solved similar problems on other platforms by adding a payment method, letting that one payment go through and then removing the payment method.

You can also, I think, use a basic PayPal account and only add enough money to cover your purchase and then use PayPal as your Google payment method.

Neither way is not prefect in protecting you from Google but your exposure would be minimal. 

I understand that there are "one time" credit cards that you can use for things like this. Many credit card companies even can generate a temporary one use credit card on their web site for just this kind of thing.

Personally I have chosen to trust Google with one credit card. I figure if there are problems I have two levels of protection and that probably will be OK.