Channel Numbers

PoBear

PoBear

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I have searched but could not find an answer.

Is there anyway to edit the numbering used for the channels, for example; in the guide. I'm used to looking (on my other systems) by the broadcast channel number so it is really confusing to have BBC ONE HD listed as 82 when it should be 101.

Thanks in advance.

gillmacca01

As a temporary workaround, until the new version of live tv is released, you can use xteve to assign channel numbers 

veehexx1

i think this depends on your method of obtaining the live TV feed.

I'm using m3u method to TVHeadend. i can edit the channel number in TVHeadend, run a guide listings refresh within emby, it will then show and order the guide based on channel number.

10 hours ago, PoBear said:

Is there anyway to edit the numbering used for the channels, for example; in the guide. I'm used to looking (on my other systems) by the broadcast channel number so it is really confusing to have BBC ONE HD listed as 82 when it should be 101.

Hi, How do you have this setup in Emby?  What tuner type is being used?

PoBear

I'm using the Emby guide data but the tuners are running under MediaPortal and I am using the MP Plugin. I couldn't see anyway to bring in the EPG data from MP.

Thanks for the replies

If you're using a Plugin from Emby the guide data should be coming from the plugin itself.

PoBear

I'm not sure that it is as it is bringing in channels that are not defined in MP, it looks like a slightly out of date channel list. I'm running a Freeview setup and it has included Now 70s which has not broadcasted for about a year.

Also, if coming in from MP would the channel numbers not be correct or is the numbering used by Emby just sequential and not related to the channel.

Also, is there a timescale for the new release of Live TV?

Edited by PoBear