Emby Theater Will Not Tune In NBC or ABC

Indycars
Go to solution Solved by Indycars,

Indycars

I've been having a problem where I'm trying to watch live TV on CBS and PBS (All Channels are OTA), the progress wheel just goes around for ever. So I installed the latest firmware for my HDHomerun Quatro tuner. Now I can tune in CBS and PBS, but NBC and ABC are no longer available. Again the progress wheel never stops.

I installed the HDHomerun app on another computer (Win10) and I can tune in over a dozen stations, including NBC and ABC. (didn't check all ~40 stations)

Any ideas what could be wrong ???

Emby Theater Installed on Windows 7

Emby Server Version: 4.5.4

HDHomeRun CONNECT QUATRO
Model: HDHR5-4US
Device ID: 1070F049
Firmware: 20210224
Edited by Indycars
Grammer

Indycars

I go to Channels or to On Now, does not matter how I approach tuning in the channel. Refreshing the Guide does nothing.

Below is my log file after letting the wheel spins for several minutes on ABC.

embyserver.txt

18 hours ago, Indycars said:

I go to Channels or to On Now, does not matter how I approach tuning in the channel. Refreshing the Guide does nothing.

Below is my log file after letting the wheel spins for several minutes on ABC.

embyserver.txt 1.77 MB · 0 downloads

Hi, please attach the ffmpeg log as well. thanks.

Indycars

Doing some more troubleshooting, but I'm not sure what to think ! On one hand the HDHomeRun software cannot see the tuner, but I can access it thru it's IP address.

I tried to run the Windows HDHomeRun program, but now it cannot find the tuner. I found their HDHomeRun Setup program and tried running that and got about the same results, see below.

HDHomeRunSetupScan.jpg.cbfb9953ef56d293d70131b2d1dac40c.jpg

But I can still tune in some stations while in Emby Theater, but now I cannot tune in any of the 3 major networks. I can access the tuner by inputting the IP address. So I used that to tune in the 3 majors and then grab a screen shot of the status.

HDHomeRunChannel-Stats.jpg.3722c19f12f191adbe33ba191042a304.jpg

Edited by Indycars

Hi, have you resolved it in the Windows HDHomeRun program? I would suggest getting that squared away first. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

• Solution
Indycars

It felt like I didn't get much help since it's been many days without a reply, but I'm guessing

that the facts presented just didn't lead anyone to a next step. They sure didn't help me !!!

The HDHomeRun Setup program is still a zero. But the HDHomeRun tuner program is

picking up ALL the possible stations now .... see 2nd graphic below.

image.png.ea03e4c971e1122d73c77514d2cde671.png

HDHomeRun Tuner program is working great now, although I only used it for testing. Never used it for watching.

image.thumb.png.5ca390d73e9ddf6d88a3c4522a2d8a9e.png

It was solved by restarting the QNAP TS-451+ NAS that my Emby server resides on.

QTS version: 4 . 4 . 3 . 1355

Thanks again for all the help !

Indy

Edited by Indycars

• 2 weeks later...